Tonight: 2/3 - Wanna tear the Formula apart?

MrMeanGreen

I'm starting on the Formula tonight (versus tomorrow afternoon) since I'll have some time to burn. Anyone is welcome to assist me.

I'll be doing a heads/intake swap (6.0L heads and LPE/Weiand intake). The plan is to move Firebird Jr. out to the driveway and roll the Formula at a sideways angle in the garage (it's on wheel dollies). I have heat, music, tools, internet, and food/beer (free for those who help).

Honestly, the swap (barring unforeseen bullshit) should only take about 8 hours and I plan on starting this afternoon with the basics (drain the coolant, disconnect the lines, etc.).

If you'd like to come over and lend a hand, it'd be much appreciated and you can say you've help build the car that will own a lot of people (Team LSX r00lz, y0).

Seriously, this is a chance to come over and have a good time, meet some CR people, and generally be sociable. This is open to anyone interested.

Post here if you'd like to help and I'll PM you directions and my phone#.

Thanks in advance :)

With my Z being parked in a garage 80 miles from here, i'm starting to miss working on cars.

So, if I can get rid of the wife for the night, I will come over, but I expect there to be naked girls dancing on a pole while we work! I will need directions sent to mkent93@yahoo.com

With my Z being parked in a garage 80 miles from here, i'm starting to miss working on cars.

So, if I can get rid of the wife for the night, I will come over, but I expect there to be naked girls dancing on a pole while we work! I will need directions sent to mkent93@yahoo.com

Email sent.

Brian, call me if you head over.

Jason(s), cool. Fowler, I understand. Not-Fowler, ratcheting wrenches would be cool if you have some.

Leilani, you know the place. Come hang out with the guys.

McGraw, check your PMs.

Sam, I'd be delighted to have you and Greg over. Both of you have my #, call when you feel like rolling out.

Jason(s), cool. Fowler, I understand. Not-Fowler, ratcheting wrenches would be cool if you have some.

Leilani, you know the place. Come hang out with the guys.

McGraw, check your PMs.

Sam, I'd be delighted to have you and Greg over. Both of you have my #, call when you feel like rolling out.

Ok we will call you around 11am or so.

I just need to ratcheting wrenches. You'll see why once you experience GM's theft of the cab-forward desugn :)

Sam, Jordan and I have dentist appointments tomorrow until 2:30pm. After that, I'm game.

So bring the cheap generic ones that will probably fall apart but I dont care because they are cheap and brightly colored and just taking up prime drawer space in the tool box, and probably wont even fit, and did I mention are cheap?

Or not?

UPDATE:

The install, unfortuneatly, is on hiatus for the following reasons:

1) I have 6.0L heads from an '02 Escalade. This means they have the center bolt valve covers as opposed to my perimeter bolt covers. I need to purchase center bolt covers AND the one-piece coil pack brackets since the '98s used separate piece coil brackets. New this is a $300 investment, I'm gonna shop around for some used ones.

2) The LPE intake manifold. I had it powdercoated at a local shop where it was agreed the color shown to me would match my car, if even closely. It doesn't, and looks horrid in my engine bay. I've contacted the shop about having it redone in flat black to match the stock intake, and the price is doubled because now they have to strip it. I don't agree with this line of thinking since the color was chosen for me and I only had a color chip on the internet to match my car with. I've asked for a reconsideration for the extra charges, and am waiting for a response. I will not put this intake on my car after seeing tonight how it will actually look in the engine bay.

So, anyone is more than welcome to still stop by. But the installs are on hold until further notice. It's always something :nono:

UPDATE:

The install, unfortuneatly, is on hiatus for the following reasons:

1) I have 6.0L heads from an '02 Escalade. This means they have the center bolt valve covers as opposed to my perimeter bolt covers. I need to purchase center bolt covers AND the one-piece coil pack brackets since the '98s used separate piece coil brackets. New this is a $300 investment, I'm gonna shop around for some used ones.

2) The LPE intake manifold. I had it powdercoated at a local shop where it was agreed the color shown to me would match my car, if even closely. It doesn't, and looks horrid in my engine bay. I've contacted the shop about having it redone in flat black to match the stock intake, and the price is doubled because now they have to strip it. I don't agree with this line of thinking since the color was chosen for me and I only had a color chip on the internet to match my car with. I've asked for a reconsideration for the extra charges, and am waiting for a response. I will not put this intake on my car after seeing tonight how it will actually look in the engine bay.

So, anyone is more than welcome to still stop by. But the installs are on hold until further notice. It's always something :nono:

Dang, I'm sorry to hear it. I thought I was the only one stuff like that happened to.

CJ