Pics of horrible body repair on my gf's camaro

mkent93

Just to let you know the rear cover on that car is made out of polyurethane. The gap between the cover and the filler was never straight to begin with. Trust me. I know. Polyurethane is not a straigt material. It moves in the sunlight.

I realize it's made of poly-. I've repainted 4 of them with dad (front and rear bumpers) and never did we not get it re-installed straight. Also, it was certainly straight from the factory. The guy at the body shop tried to tell me the same thing, "yeah, that bumper was never straight. That is just how they are." I call BS because I've been around these F-bodies long enough to know they will only be uneven if someone performs less than satisfactory work on them or if you back into something.

IF you can look to the right of my fine fiance in the picture on the first page, you will notice that the bumper was originally very straight--perhaps not perfect, but much better than the body shop made it.

Here is a video showing the rear of my Z--take not of how my polyeurethane is even and straight. It is non-sense to say they can't be straight because they are poly.

I apologize if I am coming across as a prick because I'm sure you're an intelligent, nice guy, but I am getting irritated that any 'body guy' would say "it was never straight."

http://media.putfile.com/My-97-Z28-218224112-CompCam-Gale-Banks-Cat-back-ASM-headers

by the way, 360Iroc, that picture in your sig is pretty sweet.

Well I can tell you know that 3SG and Progressive go hand in hand. Our shop used to be a direct repair shop for Progressive and they tried to undercut our repairs so bad. We actually threw them out of our shop. I do know that 3SG gets 90% of Progressives work because they do work for cheap and well you get what you pay for. A lot of people do not know that you can tell the ins co where you want to take your car to. We have a lot of customers that go to Progressive and Progressive tries to send them to 3SG. They end up here to get the job done right. It is awful how ins co's make you pay so much and then try to beat your repair down as cheap as possible forgetting about quality.

I realize it's made of poly-. I've repainted 4 of them with dad (front and rear bumpers) and never did we not get it re-installed straight. Also, it was certainly straight from the factory. The guy at the body shop tried to tell me the same thing, "yeah, that bumper was never straight. That is just how they are." I call BS because I've been around these F-bodies long enough to know they will only be uneven if someone performs less than satisfactory work on them or if you back into something.

IF you can look to the right of my fine fiance in the picture on the first page, you will notice that the bumper was originally very straight--perhaps not perfect, but much better than the body shop made it.

Here is a video showing the rear of my Z--take not of how my polyeurethane is even and straight. It is non-sense to say they can't be straight because they are poly.

I apologize if I am coming across as a prick because I'm sure you're an intelligent, nice guy, but I am getting irritated that any 'body guy' would say "it was never straight."

http://media.putfile.com/My-97-Z28-218224112-CompCam-Gale-Banks-Cat-back-ASM-headers

by the way, 360Iroc, that picture in your sig is pretty sweet.

thanks by the way....

i agree with everything you are stating...just remember not every cover is exactly the same when using that material. storage, handling, anything can manipulate the shape of that cover. i have a factory never been touched on the back of my 96 ta, and the one on my iroc. neither one is straight.

just take that into effect when your looking at it. i totally back you up on the rest of the car...its terrible.

really what im trying to say is good luck to you...if you need any help feel free to contact me. i have pull with every insurance company in the area, and all the bodyshops. i am the largest supplier in the world of crash parts. not me but my company...

peace bro

thanks by the way....

i agree with everything you are stating...just remember not every cover is exactly the same when using that material. storage, handling, anything can manipulate the shape of that cover.

peace bro

that is exactly what I feel happened to the bumper on the car now. I believe it was just deformed from the way it was stored. I don't think a new bumper has as much chance of being miscared for like that. I was going to sell them a bumper I have had sittin in the garage for a few years now but I could tell it had changed shape from the way we stored it.

I haven't heard from them since the 7th so maybe they're fixing it right this time. This rental car is probably due for an oil change by now!