Where can I get my driveshaft rebuilt?

Guest Mish_Mish

Guest Mish_Mish

I have 91 Isuzu Impulse RS and parts are sometimes impossible to get for it :(

My u-joints are getting stiff and crunchy, so I am looking for a local shop to rebuild my driveshaft, since those u-joints are not replaceable and no longer sold via Isuzu anyways.

I have 91 Isuzu Impulse RS and parts are sometimes impossible to get for it :(

My u-joints are getting stiff and crunchy, so I am looking for a local shop to rebuild my driveshaft, since those u-joints are not replaceable and no longer sold via Isuzu anyways.

The u-joints were never serviceable through isuzu, you have to buy the whole driveshaft. Usually its the carrier bearings that go out and stat making noise, not the u-joints. New carrier bearings and rubber insulators can sometimes be hard to track down, but I call merlin at St charles isuzu (he really works magic), he gives us isuzone guys a discount even though he drives a mustang :p

A lot of guys try filling the insulators with silicone, but Ive heard good and bad about that.

If you really want new u-joints (and a little performance) I've got a 1 piece driveshaft with loops sittin in my garage, only has a few passes on it. Maybe a little pricey and a little more rough than the stock, but let me know

-Jono

Guest Mish_Mish
The u-joints were never serviceable through isuzu, you have to buy the whole driveshaft. Usually its the carrier bearings that go out and stat making noise, not the u-joints. New carrier bearings and rubber insulators can sometimes be hard to track down, but I call merlin at St charles isuzu (he really works magic), he gives us isuzone guys a discount even though he drives a mustang :p

A lot of guys try filling the insulators with silicone, but Ive heard good and bad about that.

If you really want new u-joints (and a little performance) I've got a 1 piece driveshaft with loops sittin in my garage, only has a few passes on it. Maybe a little pricey and a little more rough than the stock, but let me know

-Jono

Yet we have another reason to meet. BTW, What does it mean, driveshaft with loops? Is it usable on a daily basis?

thanks

mike

Guest Mish_Mish
they're safety loops. Well you cant use it with a factory exhaust, and it might have some more vibration than the factory one

I will try to rebuild mine with Driveline 1 (thank you guys!!!), but for now I am off to Napa on 161 for some Neon parts for my in-law's car.

PM me your number if you like, let's swap some parts, I got some extra things for Impulse.