Thunder In The North 2

98fiveseven1647545503

ALL MAKES ALL MODELS WELCOME ( IE: YOU BETTER BE THERE)

This is the post that is being put on all of our local/ smaller message forums :

We at GMR SPEED are going to be holding out second annual Thunder In The North event.

A lot of you may not be familiar with the event, so here is a little overview.

It will be help June 24th and 25th.

On the 24th:

Car Show/BBQ / Dyno Day at GMR SPEED.

A day to meet people off the message boards, showoff your car on the dyno for dirt cheap dyno pulls, and check out cars from all over the country.

Last year we had attendees from New Jersey, Mich., Iowa, Pa., and even Canada.

After the show last year we made a nice showing at the Brunswick car show and maybe this year make it out to the Lot, party somewhere, who knows that usually is a spur of the moment thing.

On the 25th:

We have rented out Dragway 42. Now I know this may raise some eyebrows and IM sure may result in some negative feedback. But when you look at the cost for 42 for an all day event compared to to Norwalk and the fact that Norwalk does not rent the track out for weekend events, this is out best option. The guys at 42 treat us really good and really helped make the event a success. This also keeps the per person cost to a minimum.

We are working on setting up race brackets and awards for misc. categories (Wheel stand, burnout contest, best 60', fastest Import/domestic etc..)

Last year the event was only posted on 2 message forums, Fbody.com and NEOFB.com, and we had a turnout of 50 - 75 cars.

This year we are going to be advertising on them sites as well as Thelotspot.com, LS1Tech.com, CamaroZ28.Com, ViperAlley, CorvetteForums, Mainstreamtopics.com, Ohiorides.org, knights-rule.com, Youngstownstreets and more to come [Feel free to post ideas for forums that may be interested]. With this kind of publicity we plan to at least triple that number in the amount of attending cars.

We are also working on having attending vendors such as UMI Performance and Stainless Works setup booths either at the track or at the shop for the dyno day, or even both.

Also we plan for magazine coverage from GM High Tech, and currently working on other magazines to get over this way for the event (Again feel free to chime in with any ideas.)

Hope to see a good turnout and BEST behavior from everyone If you have ideas to incorporate in the race/weekend we are open to suggestions as we are trying to make everyone happy as much as we can.

Thanks,

Leo

I attened Last year and it was a BLAST. The party afterwards at my friend Josh's place was a great time for what I remember from being highly intoxicated. Good time Good people and a race for everyone!!!!

Guest FooFooMaru

I had fun. Made some people mad at car show, sweet ricers. Hopefully if work is done i'll do a dyno.

It's cool. NOT THE GREATEST thing ever to be honest but if close, and love seeing the cars, it's fun.

• 4 weeks later...