Garrett Gt35R turbo

Tial 38mm Wastegate

3 inch downpipe

96 Lbs/hr Rochester Injectors

3.5 inch Maf Sensor housing

20 psi of boost

http://www.msprotege.com/members/HiBoost%20TS/Mz3500whp.jpg

oh and heres the video

http://www.msprotege.com/members/HiBoost%20TS/Mazda%203%20496%20WHP%20at%2020%20psi.wmv

that impressive for the mazda 3, talk about a sleeper. is that the first 3 to make over 400whp?

as far as I know yes its the first. Only drawback is speed is limited to 118 MPH

but apparently the dealer can change the top speed limit to 135-140. ( only one person i have heard of on the mazada 3 forums has gotten the dealer to do this). I'm still curious to see what the kind of torque that setups is making.

as far as I know yes its the first. Only drawback is speed is limited to 118 MPH

but apparently the dealer can change the top speed limit to 135-140. ( only one person i have heard of on the mazada 3 forums has gotten the dealer to do this). I'm still curious to see what the kind of torque that setups is making.

This does two things.

1: Shows the retardation of Mazda

2: Shows the retardation of people who put money into a Mazda3. Wtf is the point of getting to 118 REALLY FUCKING FAST if you can't pass it.

This does two things.

1: Shows the retardation of Mazda

2: Shows the retardation of people who put money into a Mazda3. Wtf is the point of getting to 118 REALLY FUCKING FAST if you can't pass it.

You're sounding a bit retarded with those statements.

Almost ALL passenger vehicles have a governed top speed as set, from the factory, in the stock ECU. Most are then re-flashed, re-chipped, electronically fooled, or the ECU is replaced with a stand-alone computer, to allow higher speeds.

I saw this thread on the Mazda Forum. There is a graph with torque on page 2 or 3. As impressive as it might be, there's still not point IMO to put a turbo that hits full boost at 6000rpm when redline is 7000. The car already went a 11.9, didn't it?

I saw this thread on the Mazda Forum. There is a graph with torque on page 2 or 3. As impressive as it might be, there's still not point IMO to put a turbo that hits full boost at 6000rpm when redline is 7000. The car already went a 11.9, didn't it?

yeah at 120something which im not sure how the the top end being limited I know he has a haltech on it butI dont know what all it controls

yeah at 120something which im not sure how the the top end being limited I know he has a haltech on it butI dont know what all it controls

The Haltech F10X only controls fuel.

Schall, He said he didn't have traction until 3rd gear on street tires. He's putting his drag slicks on it soon.

I'm still suprised that a lot of people are amazed that a 2.3L can have that kind of power. DSM's have been doing it for quite some time (my friend has over 400hp on a 16G), Saab's, Ford's, Volvo's, etc. I'll be getting over 300 out of my 2.4L without much effort.

I'm still suprised that a lot of people are amazed that a 2.3L can have that kind of power. DSM's have been doing it for quite some time (my friend has over 400hp on a 16G), Saab's, Ford's, Volvo's, etc. I'll be getting over 300 out of my 2.4L without much effort.

That is why I asked whether it was a 2.0l or a 2.3l. A 2.0l DSM isn't going to ever make 500whp on a 35r at only 20PSI.

I surly hope thats a generous guess.

Generous, possibly. Put 325hp/370ft-lbs to all 4 wheels at 20-22psi. He has since added HKS cams and runs C16 @ 26-28 psi at the track. It's a 2.3L stroker with a EVOIII 16G. It's a full interior, daily driven street car, and he pulled an 11.9 in the 1/4. (He's not much of a drag racer so he only tried twice to break 11 sec) Yeah, the turbo is out of it's efficiency range at 28psi, but the powerband is perfect for autox and road racing.