So who wants to fix my computer??

Bam

I need someone to look at my Dell Laptop, it shuts off every so often because it "overheats" when I turn it back on it says it shut down because its either too hot where I am, not possible, or because the fans may be blocked, so i need someone to take it apart/clean it out.

Also, it won't shutdown using the turnoff feature, I have to hold the power button down.

And lastly, I was having a problem with one of my drivers, I have the info, but it hasn't happened in a month, so maybe its ok now?

Thanks to anyone who can help.

System Type : Inspiron 5150

System Ship Date : 9/6/2004

Warranty Status : Out of Warranty

odds are, a fan or something went out... it will cost money to replace... I can look at it, PM me and we can discuss my hourly charge.

System Type : Inspiron 5150

System Ship Date : 9/6/2004

Warranty Status : Out of Warranty

odds are, a fan or something went out... it will cost money to replace... I can look at it, PM me and we can discuss my hourly charge.

You got PM, but what about my other concerns?

Also, would a fan being out cause it to be loud? It seems like the fan runs constantly and its SOO much louder than my mom's HP Pavilion.

Marc has a dell laptop. The fan on it sounds like a jet engine compaired to the fan on my HP lappy. The HP also moves significantly more air. Maybe Dells are just loud? Get a can of compressed air and spray the hell out of the vents. See if that helps it at all.