Pulled over for my exhaust!~ hah!

Amy

(Before I tell my story, YES I know I was in the wrong but just had to share the story)

Ok so lets see.. I am out in the 03 GT I just bought and running errands around the lovely area known as Grove City (a.k.a Mustang-ville) I am heading down the main road in Grove City known as Stringtown Road. I decide to take my little noise machine back to the stable so I can grab some stuff and go wash it so its nice and pretty for all the people to see.

As I head past ASK Powersports and make everyone deaf in my path with my SLP Lousmouth and BB X pipe I enjoy the sights and (lovely exhaust sounds) and then see a wonderful hard working Grove City Police Officer. As he ever so gently flys out of the parking lot as if looking like a tiger after its prey. He gets on my ass and decides he wants to feel cool too and follows me all over GC. I think he just wanted to feel like his cruiser had something behind that ever so tiny gas pedal. (the sounds of the exhaust rattling his windows)

As I make my way down another road still having the hard working officer who patrols our wonderful streets for predators and criminals ride my butt I try to keep the savage beast as quiet as I can. Seeing that this idea of mine isnt working I see the turn coming up for my final decent to the stable, I turn the turn signal on and make a gentle turn and I see the officer fly past!

Whats this??? Hes going away! OMG! YaaY I am so shocked! Well I go down the 25mph road still being ever so quiet! I come to the stop sign and make my turn as I see the officer sitting at the road one street over, waiting, ready to pounce ; he sees his prey at its final moments and as I drive past he flys out again and I turn onto my road and pull the savage beast that is ever so dangerous into my driveway and start to exit off this thrill ride. Then out of no where the lights come on and he races out of the vehicle to tell me to stop and stay in the vehicle.. as to my amazement this highly trained lethal weapon has killed his prey.

Well after asking me why I was revving my car all over GC I simply ask the officer .. is it ok to shift gears?? He informs me that I was revving my engine and that it is over the noise specs. Well I ask the officer, my dear sir what are you talking about, I never received this information when I got my license or renewed or anything. But never the less he had to inform me that my light covers were also illegal and that even though he saw my turn signals as I was making my legal turns.. he said they arent visable (even though he said he saw the turn signals.. amazing huh? cant be seen but he saw them with his eagle eyes!!)

Well as he gives me back my information he leaves me with the knowledage that I shouldn't rev my engine while driving and that my covers are oh so dangerous. The lights in the driveway were a great add on to my amusement! Sure the neighbors liked that! lol

Anyhoo hope you enjoyed! :-)

p.s. dont buy slp if you want to keep your hearing or others! lol hahah1

Amy

Great write up!

I got a ticket for my blitz and I have two questions:

1. What about Harleys.

2. You are allowed to modofy your exhaust.

The cop told me you are not allowed to modify your exhaust from stock in the state of OHio, which, that law, isnt on the books ... or else they would stick you will a MODIFIED EXHAUST ticket, but all they have is EXCESSIVE NOISE.

2137.20 Mufflers; excessive smoke or gas.

(a) Every vehicle and motorcycle with an internal combustion engine shall at all times be equipped with a muffler which is in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual noise, and no person shall use a muffler cutout, by-pass, or similar device upon a motor vehicle on a highway. Every motorcycle muffler shall be equipped with baffle plates. No person shall own, operate, or have in the person痴 possession any vehicle or motorcycle equipped with a device for producing excessive smoke or gas, or so equipped as to permit oil or any other chemical to flow into or upon the exhaust pipe or muffler of such vehicle or motorcycle, or equipped in any other way to produce or emit smoke or dangerous or annoying gases from any portion of such vehicle, other than the ordinary gases emitted by the exhaust of an internal combustion engine under normal operation.

(b) Whoever violates this section is guilty of a minor misdemeanor. If, within one (1) year, the offender previously has been convicted of a violation of this section, Section 4513.22 of the Ohio Revised Code, or a substantially similar municipal ordinance, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree. If, within one (1) year, the offender previously has been convicted of two (2) or more violations of this section, Section 4513.22 of the Ohio Revised Code, or a substantially similar municipal ordinance, whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the third degree. (ORC 4513.22; Ord. 2120-03 ァ 1 (part).)

Yup that was me! :-)

Yeah as far as all the ORC stuff I think its gay about being pulled over for exhaust.. I mean give me a break there is no safety issue with loud exhaust its not a annoying radio its just a damn car! Oh well who knows lol haha!

Amy did you happen to be on Broadway thursday around 3-3:30 going towards say DQ? I seen a pretty nice GT I think with chrome cobra wheels she had brown hair and a black shirt on

I actually past by you around that same time on my way to work. Coincidentally, on the way home, I was pulled over (around 1am) by a sheriff who told me my headlights were "bright as shit" (HIDs are become quite blinding when you have them aimed a little too high :)) Luckily, he let me off and didn't get me for no front license plate, illegal tint and a burnt out rear license plate light.

2. You are allowed to modofy your exhaust.

This will probably open a can of worms but.... You are not allowed to modify ANYTHING on a vehicle that may change it's emissions, exhaust being one of them. That's a FEDERAL law not a state one. This includes basically anything under the hood, even the air filter unless it's OEM approved and tested. If you look in the federal law books, it is there but is rarely enforced.

Amy, your car is loud as shit. Every time you drive out of lots that I am in, people I am with are like damnit that is loud as hell ha ha ha. I thought my ears were going to bleed when you down shifted when I was with you on 270 awhile ago. Me and my friend in the car were like fffuuuuccckkkk ha ha ha.

Amy, your car is loud as shit. Every time you drive out of lots that I am in, people I am with are like damnit that is loud as hell ha ha ha. I thought my ears were going to bleed when you down shifted when I was with you on 270 awhile ago. Me and my friend in the car were like fffuuuuccckkkk ha ha ha.

ahahah I love it ! Yeah you missed it last night i smacked 2nd when I left just cause Ive heard from a few people I dont get on my car at all hahah just htought it was funny!

Anyhoo btw James.. that camaro looks really nice in your sig pic!!!

Alex.. yeah those HIDs are blinding but they do look really cool! lol

Yup that was me! :-)

Yeah as far as all the ORC stuff I think its gay about being pulled over for exhaust.. I mean give me a break there is no safety issue with loud exhaust its not a annoying radio its just a damn car! Oh well who knows lol haha!

I dought you'd remember me but im the dork in the blue daytona that waited for you to get up next to me then I took off.

I actually past by you around that same time on my way to work. Coincidentally, on the way home, I was pulled over (around 1am) by a sheriff who told me my headlights were "bright as shit" (HIDs are become quite blinding when you have them aimed a little too high :)) Luckily, he let me off and didn't get me for no front license plate, illegal tint and a burnt out rear license plate light.

Did you pass me or Amy?

1. What about Harleys.

Harley's are allowed to be louder than a car, b/c bikes are usually heard before they are seen. It does make it safer for a biker b/c idiot drivers can hear them and realize there is a bike by them.

Harley's are allowed to be louder than a car, b/c bikes are usually heard before they are seen. It does make it safer for a biker b/c idiot drivers can hear them and realize there is a bike by them.

Makes sense, but, by that reasoning, then they should allow all vehicles - motorcycles, cars, etc. - to modify things to make them louder, since that would make them safer. By your account, the law is saying "It's okay for bikers to be safer, but not anyone else; we don't care if you crash and die, but we don't want the bikers getting hurt."

Anyway, I heard a while back there's like this unwritten law that (1) people with Harley's don't get tickets for loud exhaust and (2) Vette owners don't get tickets for not having front plates.

Good to see tax dollars paying the salary of these great officers of the law. Must've not been any murders, robberies, rapes, or kidnappings going on at that particular time in Grove City, so he had a few minutes of spare time and had to fill them up with something....riiigght.....

Oh yeah, Amy's exhaust is really fucking loud. I can attest. :)

Also, I can attest that Amy wore out some Trans Am (a WS6?) last night twice from a dig and then wore out an STi from a dig.

I think that is the happiest Ive been in awhile! Good good times!!

Ahh, i got pulled over last night for my exhaust on sawmill. The cop said the same thing,"you cant modify your exhaust in anyway" He said it was to loud, " i was behind you and i couldn't hear any of my radios going off, thats way too loud". He said add some tailpipes( exhaust is dumped under the car) to make the car less loud. Luckily, i got off with a warning =)