stupid shit that pisses me off rant

Guest FBody Addict

Guest FBody Addict

metric system, for some reason the bolts strip easier- also how is metric easier i can see 2 feet, 5 inches in my head but if i look at say 245mm or 326mm and you draw one of those lengths how many americans are going to be able to look at it and estimate which it is closer to

cheap sockets breaking when my good tools are at my house (my fault)

FWD=====the WORST invention ever, hard to work on (but everything is in the same spot in the car says some ricer kid) can't fit a worthwhile motor in em, except for 90 degree sixes (they weigh less and get better gas milage, says the same kid) the transmissions are shaped funny, making them more akward, and there is no tunnel to raise the tranny into and then just push it forward, but no, i had to rig up a j-bar and rotate the motor downward on the driver side to get the input shaft of the transmission to go in

imio there is nothing more fun to drive than a 3500 lb 300+hp neck snapping rwd vehicle while watching sixteen gallons of premium disappear over 250 miles

metric system, for some reason the bolts strip easier

IIRC metric thread standards are newer and they have a better design to the threads which make them harder to strip and hold torque more evenly, all other things being the same, as compared to a standard thread. You probably have some sort of placebo effect going on.

FWD was made for those of us that recognize the existence of winter.

It's there only for people that are scared of oversteer.

I'm disapointed that my new truck tracks so straight in the snow. It's no fun.

And I will argue that RWD is better for climbing hills in the snow. Weight transfer and all that.

It's there only for people that are scared of oversteer.

I'm disapointed that my new truck tracks so straight in the snow. It's no fun.

And I will argue that RWD is better for climbing hills in the snow. Weight transfer and all that.

I'm not assuming anything, but have you lived in a place outside of Ohio, specifically in the Rocky Mountain area or in the Northeast?

I'm just saying this because I do see your point. I'm perfectly comfortable driving my dad;s M3 in the winter. Its a helluvalot more stable than my FWD celica, because he puts on some Blizzaks. That said, we in Ohio don't face any kind of tough winter by any means. Though slush makes it difficult to navigate, thats pretty much all we deal with because of the massive amounts of salt and dirt they lay on the roads because the majority of drivers don't know how to deal with averse weather.

In VT/NH/MA/CT where I've lived most of my life, they barely plow roads for a couple days. People know how to drive, and in the winter people generally do not drive RWD cars, not for inability to coherently drive, but because the conditions absolutely do not allow for it. EVERYONE in Vermont drives either a 4x4 or a FWD car. Most cops drive old Broncos, or some lucky ones get Tahoes.

I'm not assuming anything, but have you lived in a place outside of Ohio, specifically in the Rocky Mountain area or in the Northeast?

I'm just saying this because I do see your point. I'm perfectly comfortable driving my dad;s M3 in the winter. Its a helluvalot more stable than my FWD celica, because he puts on some Blizzaks. That said, we in Ohio don't face any kind of tough winter by any means. Though slush makes it difficult to navigate, thats pretty much all we deal with because of the massive amounts of salt and dirt they lay on the roads because the majority of drivers don't know how to deal with averse weather.

In VT/NH/MA/CT where I've lived most of my life, they barely plow roads for a couple days. People know how to drive, and in the winter people generally do not drive RWD cars, not for inability to coherently drive, but because the conditions absolutely do not allow for it. EVERYONE in Vermont drives either a 4x4 or a FWD car. Most cops drive old Broncos, or some lucky ones get Tahoes.

Not to burst your bubble, but my uncle (M5 guy) lives in Utica/Buffalo. his only not traction oriented vehicle is his wife's G55 (the 493 hp supercharged one). He puts snow and ice tires (or has before) on the M5, SL600, E55, Carrera, LS430 and he says they work just fine in several feet of snow...

I grew up in the Appalachians. My childhood home was halfway up a rather tall, rather steep hill. When we would get a bad snow, my parents would park in the neighbors driveway. I was the only one that could ever get up our driveway, and about half the winters since I've been old enough to drive, I'd been in a two wheel drive compact truck. It takes only a little bit more effort to get around in than the 4x4's that I've had. My mom had taken her dodge caravan off the side of the road twice that I can remember, and I once had to go to the bottom of the hill to pick up my sister's boyfriend, who couldn't get his toyota paseo farther than halway up the hill. I took my two wheel drive truck (with NO weight in the bed) right up the hill without a single problem.

I've never been to new england. I know they get a lot of snow, but is everything flat around there?

Personaly I prefer RWD. But there anit many RWD's out i liked when i got the monte . That i could afford and still be kinda pimpy and fast... I did not like the GTO " They would not let me test drive it" the mustang was a hellllll no and a AWD WRX just seemed weelll small with my fat ass in it...

New England is nothing but mountains and hills. Buffalo is flat, Danny, thats the same point I was making with Ohio. Though the weather is certainly averse, much less understanding of momentum is acceptable to navigate. Copperhead, if you grew up in Appalachia, then you probably have a fairly good handle on driving in bad condition. Really what I see the difference in is the condition of the roads. If you grew up in a place where roads were typically plowed very well, thats a different story (in some cases...your driveway is something I can't argue) than New England where they don't really lay down dirt or salt or plow as much.

Where I grew up was a smaller town, so we didn't have enough plows to get everything done quickly. There were many times when they either had not made it to some of the major roads or roads had become recovered by the time I would be driving to school. I remember ending up on a sidewalk one day because I thought it was fun to fishtail my old 4x4 (in two wheel drive) for about 3 blocks.

right....talking about something besides snow now:

I believe the metric system is better than the US system in every form. Its much easier to do metric math also. Now, i cant eye "mm" per say, but I am pretty good at eyeing "cm". this is where the easy math comes in. to turn mm to cm, move the decimal place to the left once. there you go. When it comes to certain US measurments, I end up going to go look them up. Metric is way easier.

imio there is nothing more fun to drive than a 3500 lb 300+hp neck snapping rwd vehicle while watching sixteen gallons of premium disappear over 250 miles

While getting beat from a 40 roll by a 2700 lb fwd 240 whp car.

I am not taking any thing away from Rwd I own 2 one is tubbed even with 29 15.5 15 mickys. But dont knock new technology. Imo

Metric is great when dealing with bolts. It's a lot easier to try and find the right size since they are simply numbered, then try to remember what fraction of an inch is bigger than whatever wrench is in your hand.

But other than hardware, standard is fine with me.