I hate doin taxes

Sam1647545489

My wife and I got back $5300.

Sending out another telepathic death ray...

I'll consider myself lucky if I have to owe less than $7500.

And fuck doing your own taxes. I got better things to do with my time than sit around and miscalculate shit.

it's better to owe the goverment money than it is to have a refund. if they are giving you money back then you have given them an interest free loan. your goal should be to not have to pay and not get anything back.

i cant beleive i am about to say this, but linn is right. its your money, it should be working for you.

if i didnt work for comission, i would do my damndest to owe every year.

not to get to personal, but I am curisous as to what people are getting back. Just to see where I stand. My wife and I got back $5300.

My wife and I file separate since I have 2 businesses under my name.. She's getting 10-12k.. This is from mortgage interest write-offs.

I'm paying.. a lot.

linn - you are right but you don't notice the money unless you get a big chunk. I could claim 1 or 2 and have them take out much less, but that would be part of my check and I would spend it as such. It is so much more rewarding to get $5k back in one lump sum. kinda like the lottery, when I win my millions :p I would much rather have the lump sum then the 30 year pay out. I guess us that have to live paycheck to paycheck like the big checks that are above and beyond what we normally make. if I didn't have to worry about money all the time then I would do exactly what you are saying. kinda crazy I think.

This is the first time in like three years that I'm actually getting money back. I didn't do any 1099 work this past year, all W2. Me and the wife are getting back around $1K. :)

What's with these people getting back $5K+? What the hell did you do to get back that much? You must have figured something wrong in terms of witholding. FYI, the government hates giving back that much... :wtf:

I'm getting back around 3k with Federal and State combine.

Having two kids = approximately $1k each in tax deducitons.

Last year i owed almost 3k !!!!!

Alot of the BMX stuff i do doesnt get taxes taken out but thank god i saved all my traveling reciepts gas food ect hotels, I got back $300

This year i'm hopin for 1k i did alot of BMX shows so thats alot of traveling exspenses, lol

What's with these people getting back $5K+? What the hell did you do to get back that much? You must have figured something wrong in terms of witholding. FYI, the government hates giving back that much... :wtf:

Mortgage interest, plus she pays her assistant from her own paycheck at Penzones so she gets to deduct that as well. :D;)