Crawford Communities..Never move there!!

Balian

Yes, I know this is in the flame room! I hope that their apartments burn to the ground!

Anyways, they are trying to evict me for not paying rent because they lost my rent check, but they did manage to cash my garage check which was in the same sealed envelope...I wonder how that happened..lol

Anywho, so I go to court today against these assholes and guess what happens..They don't show up.. Do I win? HELL NO..They are granted an continence..My lawyer fights it as best as she could but since they are granted at least one continence the Magistrate allows it..WTF? If I don't show up I am screwed, if they don't show up, they get lucky..

I sure hope no one on here rents from these assholes!

I've never heard of anyone being evicted for missing one months rent. Usually it takes like 2-3 months before the Sheriff knocks on your door. My dad owned a few rental properties and he had a hell of time getting deadbeat renters out.

Yeah, did your rent check ever get cashed? If not, then you could void it and simply issue them another one.

Beyond that, though, I feel you on the whole injustice thing - that's shitty that they can just not show up and not incur any penalties. Yet, you're there, missing work or whatever else because you made the sacrifice to be there.

When you go to court the next time, make sure that you have enough money to pay the rent. You just say that your rent was refused, or they lost the check or whatever. The judge right then will go, ok do you have the money right now to pay the rent and all late fees? If you say yes, that is about the only chance you have of winning and eviction case.

Since you have a continuence, try calling the management and offering to pay all late fees and the rent.

You know complex's have to give you notices that you missed your payment as well as 3 day vacate notices. As of January 1st 2006 these 3 day vacate notices have to be placed INSIDE the apartment. Why did you ignore the notices? When you get the 3 day vacate notice you can either pay, leave, or get evicted. If they did none of this, make sure you ask them to show copies of the notices in court.

Matt, I got the eviction notice 2 weeks after the first...They really hate me and what me out now..lol

Lusta, I have a damn good laywer..The fucked up part is that it took us almost a week to get a hold of the apartment's laywers and when we did, they didn't seem to know anything about the case.

Orion, I have never missed a payment since I have started renting, when I owned my house I was always 2 months early on my payments.

Berto, I tried to cut them a check but they wouldn't take my check because I refused to pay the late fees..I wasn't late on my end, so why the hell should I pay the late fees and court costs..Fuck them, they aren't get that lucky.

Dr.Z06, yea, they never cashed my check, and like I said, they wont take any other check. They said they put notices on my doors, but I don't see how. My gf stays home all damn day and they even said that they entered my apartment..I don't see how..There is no way to get in when our locks are on.

LJ, I am not paying the late fees, the court costs, and whatelse they say I have to pay. My rent is 499 a month and now they want close to 1000 a month. As far as having the money to pay the rent, I have already put my rent into an Escrow account so that they cannot touch it and they cannot say I haven't paid. I say again, I refuse to pay the late fees cause I have a witness that saw me put my check in the same envelope with my garage check. Funny how they cashed one but not the other. They neither gave me notice of the eviction, late payment due, or anything. No phone call, nothing. There was no notice left in my apartment as I said before, my gf stays home all day. And yea, my lawyer is so all over them for trying to pull this illegal eviction.

Yep..Took them well over 2 to 3 months to get it to us. Not to mention the hell I went through to get a garage. You should see the sick amount of money you have to pay in order to break your lease. It is well into the thousands..

Guest Evl Mdgt

I am so sick of these people... how they lie and are very unprofessional. When our lawyer called their's... he didn't even know the case. It took him 3 days after that for him to get ahold of the wench because she never answers her phone. What pisses me off the most is... we live upstairs from her best friend. Her son vandalizes our cars. We do what we are suppose to and give a written complaint... nothing happens. The little fucker blasts his music from 3pm until 10pm. We have a 3 month old daughter who takes a late afternoon nap because she sleeps late in the morning. Half the time she doesnt get a nap because the fucker is blasting his music in his room which is right below hers. I've asked him repeatedly to turn it down. When ever I go to call the cops... he just happens to stopped. I'm done playing games... Ever since we moved in here we've had problems with her best friend and her son. When I was working, I would get home before her. One night I got home right before she did and I got the front parking spot in front of the stairs. She complained to me that ever since we moved in here she didn't get to park outside her door and how she likes to park there so she can see her car. I looked at her and said "tough shit... I'm 8 months pregnant, you don't see me bitching about where I park or having to walk up stairs".

Today really made me mad... The bitch doesn't even show up. Her lawyer has to have his associate show up like both of them are too good. What really made me mad was the fact that we had gotten there at 8:30... sat around why the magistrate called our name like 3 times and pushed us to the back each time cuz the bitch hadn't shown up yet.. then get told that even though she didn't show up... she gets her way and gets a continuance(sp?) I'm so sick of this... I just want it to be over so we can get the hell out.

That is all...

Guest Evl Mdgt
that sux ryan & crystal hope things turn around soon. btw hows the baby

She's doing good. Getting bigger every second of the day. Tell Crystal she needs to give me a call so we can hang out sometime.