Wierd electric problem

Browning

For some reason this morning, all of the power in my house kicked off. And ever since then, everything has a dim look to it all throughout the house. Ive manually reset all of the breakers but its still the same way. Anybody have any ideas?

Take a volt meter, see what the voltage across the mains coming into your box is. Each leg to ground should be 110, 220 across both legs. If you dont have it, the power meter could be bad, or a transformer is on its way out. If you do have good voltage, then you have a bad breaker somewhere (eg the 100 amp main)

Just follow the path and see where the voltage goes nuts.

Take a volt meter, see what the voltage across the mains coming into your box is. Each leg to ground should be 110, 220 across both legs. If you dont have it, the power meter could be bad, or a transformer is on its way out. If you do have good voltage, then you have a bad breaker somewhere (eg the 100 amp main)

Just follow the path and see where the voltage goes nuts.

My exact suggestion.

I have a weird panel in my house (old Pushmatic I need to replace soon), that has a "main" breaker for only 1/2 the panel. It started going out on one side, and because the wiring in my house is a bit weird, different rooms had dim lighting and stuff not working. Tossed a VOM on there, found the voltage was low and dropping. Swapped breakers, solved the issue (sadly it was a $50 breaker I had to modify to work :rolleyes: ).