2003 sunfire gas pedal

evan9381

tonight, drove my sisters car to take her to the store (suspended license, didnt feel like wasting my gas). i get in, put it in drive, and press the gas. at first, i thought i was hittng a wall. that pedal took so much to press it down. my car feels like nothing compared to it. is this a common problem, or something easy to fix?

Guest Removed
throttle plate can get gummed up, get some carb/choke cleaner at the store and a toothbrush, pull off the intake boot at the tb and goto town. might be kinda hard to start when you get done but it'll burn off

and almost every gm has this problem!

tonight, drove my sisters car to take her to the store (suspended license, didnt feel like wasting my gas). i get in, put it in drive, and press the gas. at first, i thought i was hittng a wall. that pedal took so much to press it down. my car feels like nothing compared to it. is this a common problem, or something easy to fix?

Having driven more J-bodys than most cars at ricart's lot, I have never had that problem yet. Not to mention I have a cavy and my gf has a sunfire.

Guest Removed

intown cars and if they sit alot they seem to do it more....

I had a astro van the other day that was so bad, you almost have to smash it to getit it go!!!!!!!

And most off the time cars on the lot have already been to the shop and fixxed, before going up for sale.. think about it, how the hell you going to sell a car that acts like that!

I think it's a realitatively common problem on all modern vehicles. I'm no engineer, nor do I really care all that much cause it's an easy fix, but it's just from the gunk that seems to cling the inside of intake manifolds. After time it builds up and gets pretty bad. I've seen on MANY fords, and toyotas, and GMs, and dodges, and hondas, and suzukis, and everything on the market, that it will eventually clog up the EGR passage as well. Then you'll get a fucking "no EGR flow dected" code. It all pretains the same gunk thats clogging up your throttle body. Sea Foam is your friend.

Guest racinbird
Yup, common problem. Ever since cars switched to injectors in the manifold, no fuel runs through the throttle body to help clean deposits from the throttle plate area.

Guest Whinin
well mine was nice and springy before i slammed the gas pedal and broke something in it lol.....i think a spring or something fell out....but it is mush stiffer now for some reason....