home theater projector

Guest powers

Guest powers

Updating this thread from a while back.

Benq home theater projector

has aprox 1400 hours on bulb, actual bulb hours are displayed inside projector menu. 3k is normal life

Benq PB6200

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/5999/img6705zp1.jpg

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2671/img6704ih0.jpg

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/6396/img6707na7.jpg

Thats a good projector (just happens to be the same one that I have)

They do make the cable for component video, just usually isnt included with the projector. IIRC, the cable connects to the vga coneector so you can use component input. Otherwise, conections for s-vid, composiite, and vga/computer monitor are standard.

I saw that projector at the parade of homes a few years ago, had a great picture.

Edit.. you can buy the screen material on ebay for 20-30 bucks, buy the framing at lowes/home depot and make your own. I have a 112 in screen that cost me around 60 bucks total.

My buddy got some type of paint for his. Painted his wall like 90 some iches, framed it. Looks pimp.

I'd grab this from you Greg, but like you, I'm not finished with my basement yet.. nor do I have the $ flow right now for it.

does the room have to be pitch dark for a good picture or can you use it like a TV?

It needs to be very dark for it to be a nice picture, other wise it will look very washed out. The lumen rating is the judgement behind how bright the projector is, and there for how it will preform in a brighter room. I just hung an in focus projector at my buddies house, same caliber as this, and its nice when the room is dark, other wise it sucks, but I am partial to veiwing 60 sony SXRD LCOS tvs!

Also does this projector display HD? If it has VGA I am guessing it will.

Do they make a 15 pin VGA to HDMI cable?

VGA is analog and HDMI is digital, so it would be more complex than just a cable (that is, some electronics would be involved for conversion). Not saying such a thing doesn't exist, but it would be more expensive than a simple cable.

This projector is XGA resolution. When I am in my basement, I can have the light on my desk on (100w halogen) and still have good picture. The thing that kills picture quality is light shining directly on the projection surface. A little background light wont wash it out.

Guest powers
VGA is analog and HDMI is digital, so it would be more complex than just a cable (that is, some electronics would be involved for conversion). Not saying such a thing doesn't exist, but it would be more expensive than a simple cable.

it is a vga connecter but the projector is xga and is hd compaitable.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
is $400 still a option. Also is there anything wrong or are you just upgrading? I have a friend here at work that is very interested.

Yea still available. There is nothing wrong with it. I have the plasma over the fireplace now and it does just fine for us.