any one watching pinks?

ridenred27

Linn, I'll race the f-body dig to 130 for $1000 but I want the bottle out of your car, 100 lengths, AND THE HIT! :o

There are only 82.5 car lenghts in a 1/4..

car length = 16 feet

Did I post anything about 1320ft? Last time I checked my car does not trap 130......Reading comprehension owns you......

Guest Removed
Did I post anything about 1320ft? Last time I checked my car does not trap 130......Reading comprehension owns you......

You don't trap one 130, then you better stick with racing imports..

I buy the whole 2nd gear out deal.

The car has a TH400, which only has 3 gears (3rd gear being 1:1). Imagine racing at the track, and having to not use your best pulling gear. Running a centrifagul (sp?) supercharger, it makes max boost at max RPM; less RPM = less boost. That 1st-3rd skip put the car down on power big time mid track. The nitrous help make up a lot because nitrous makes a ton of torque in lower RPM's (plus the cooling effect on the intake), and helped make up for the missing gear.

That Honduh owner was a total dumb fuck. He KNEW he was racing an domestic, before he ever saw the car. Since most domestics at the track are RWD (at least any that would do a domestic vs. import race), physics are in his favor when it comes to launching. So why the hell wouldn't you have the slicks on first race?? Instead, he got spanked BADLY.

The T/A owner posts on Camaroz28.com so I just copied and pasted all of the posts he made on the thread about the episode. Most of these posts are answers to questions asked, but it's a 19 page post, so no need to sort through all of it:

"Don't forget to watch tonight it should be good! They had 3 hours of footage to cut down into 23 minutes so I have no idea what they will show. I'll give you guys the real story tomorow."

"Its not a sham you don't even know who you are racing untill you line up! the only thing i knew is it was an import i was expecting a supra. I heard the same thing about last years show but I can assure you that doesn't happen this year. I almost wish it did I was nervous as hell the the whole week before the show. They are making it look more like the WWF than a racing show this year not sure I like that much, but I should have expected nothing less knowing I would be racing an import boy they were ricers thats for sure

Both my f-bodys have blowers oh ya they both run too

Jeff

96 SS BLOWN

96 TA 396 D1"

"You can see a dyno sheet and some track times from right after the show here

http://www.carolinaautomasters.com/

their is a link on the left that says pinks and has a story and look in the high horsepower club for a dyno sheet. My car was seriously detuned for this show i was pulling lots of timing a very small air filter and i had my 2 step at 2300 i usually launch at 4200. I took the car down the track after I won it. That car was no joke the guy just couldn't drive. I barked the tires in every gear that thing shifted well and I'm sure i ran a better time than him my first time in the car

My car has run 9.40s at 146 with a bad launch I have made a few more changes since the show and expect high 8s this year. The reason my car was missing was I was pulling a bunch of timing the first two races I had a switch in the car to put timing back in but second was gone and it wasn't gonna help everything was going exactly how i planned untill I lost second then I needed the bottle because I have a very low first and 3 is 1to1 it just won't go in third at that low rpm but it did with Juice to give you an idea how fast that was I had a tune in the car to run about 10.7 for the first two the last race was a low ten or high nine in the low 140s. The only reason i wasn't freaking out is I had a great crew and my job was to srive i didn't have to touch the car if i would have had to work on it I would have been a complete wreck. The final numbers on the civic 658whp a legit low ten high nine car with a driver the car weighed in at 2100#s"

"Oh he didn't buy it back for a hundred that is bs they have been spreading a bunch of lies the only reason i sold it back was his dad told him he would buy him a ZO6 and I didn't want that idoit in a real car so I sold him back his toy"

"Those guys are street racers and I think that was all part of their plan make me look very fast so they could get a big lead and then turn up the boost. when he jumped on the third race the show started leaning toward me a bit and wasn't gonna let him get away with that BS."

"What they didn't show was the former owner collapsing to his knees when I took his car down the track and yes he was crying. They had to take the kid to the hospital that evening he basicly had a nervous breakdown. I did feel bad and sold him the car back two days later for less than it was worth but enough that he felt some pain. but not untill i ragged it on the dyno. I seriosly hope the kid doesn't kill himself the ricer boys are dogging him bad on the boards."

"You are right Jon doesn't deserve all the BS from the ricers that car is faster than 95% of them. He realy wasn't a bad guy a couple of his freinds were real aholes and thats what got him in trouble. Rumor has it he had a pro driver lined up but when I had two champion pro drivers on my team the first thing out of their mouth was owners drive cars I sad sure and thats exactly whay I wanted. I'm a pretty good driver and I know no one else could drive my car better than I can."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"OK guys I'm back and I will try to answer some of your questions. We both agreed to keep the sale price of the vehicle confidential, if it makes him feel better to say 300 thats fine with me. I think he is taking enough crap right now and doesn't need me to start more. I will say I got plenty of cash to fix my trans but gave him a great deal. I didn't want a civic but I did keep Both Bumpers as trophys one is on display at my buds Jeff Creech at Carolina Automasters and the other at my other freinds who I like to refer to as ricers Paul Efantis at MSP. I need to read some more of this and I'll make another post. Oh and we did sticker up the car pretty good with CAM and MSP stickers Jeff"

Imports can be fast but it takes so much money to do it and you lose your reliability in most cases.I think they should've found a Supra Turbo or something RWD to get it done.I would find somebody else to race if I had to ask for 20 cars.I think I would race a lot of cars with my wifes Sienna if they gave me 20 cars.

Guest Ponyfreak
Imports can be fast but it takes so much money to do it and you lose your reliability in most cases.I think they should've found a Supra Turbo or something RWD to get it done.I would find somebody else to race if I had to ask for 20 cars.I think I would race a lot of cars with my wifes Sienna if they gave me 20 cars.

That is total bullshit. I can see why I do not watch that show. Asking for 15+ lengths is total bullshit.