Custom Painting

XChris1632X

just wondering if anyone here is into any kind of custom painting. or anyone good in our area. im just getting into it, i have some work and i have pics but i dont have a host for them. im working with a company now about chroming non metal parts. its actually not chrome but has a very comparable shine, if not better and you can apply to anything you can basecoat paint. and yes they have already painted whole cars and yes it looks like shit. but i want to try some wheels. id like to see what the chrome paint looks comparable to real chrome and the difference in price. Plus it would be a lot lighter.

alsa (sp) corp is who you are talking about right. they have some real cool stuff i have seen the chrome paint they sell in person and it does have some appeal but i have to agree it does look crappy on large flatter surfaces but on small parts and parts with a lot of sharp r changing angles to reflect i belive it would look very good. i should be doing a 90 mustang convertable top trim with that paint i hope it works out.

sweet call me i would like to see this stuff in action. i am interested in there product line and how well it works. where did you buy it from, i have a local supplier that i can get it from but i would like to know if anyone else sells it here in town. my # is the one listed below

well im in PA at wyotech right now im painting in refinishing. i did the crazer tonight and it came out decent the place didnt have as bright of colors in stock as i wanted but i made it work. ill be doing crytal fx and candies monday. their pearl basecoats are bad ass and the speed clear is even more bad ass and best of all their products are very compatable and work well with other companys. PPG in the case. i mixed the base coat with ppgs 885 reducer, used ppg dcu 2042 speed clear on one, used ppg sealer, and it came out quite nice. the crazer is a lot like everyone elses version of marbalizer in their pictures they just texture it with other objects than saran wrap. I used latex gloves and swirled it around and it flowed quite well. in my opinion the crazer is better than marbalizer because it seems to have a lot more pigments with much more defined look, it flows alot better and carries a real marble effect, and comes ready to spray rather than having to worry about mixing. so far i am sold and 100% satisfied with alsa corp.