Bright Light During Daylight Hours

RC51 John

Using your bright during datlight hours  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Using your bright during datlight hours

• Yes
    • No

id rather be annoying as hell and be noticed than have some lady pull out in front of me claiming she didn't see me coming.

In my 13 years of riding street, I've never had anyone pull out in front of me that I was not prepared for. I've gone down on the street three times and every single time it was my fault. I love how everyone blames everyone else for their crash...

I'm not saying that it does not happen, because I certainly know i does. However, If you ride defensively and always have your escape route planned in the back of your mind (which comes with experience) it's not the issue inexperienced riders make it out to be.

I ride much more often than I drive and I have so many more close calls in the cage than I do on the bike. In fact, I actually feel much safer on my bike than I do in the cage.. always.

Why would I want to give the cagers, or other riders, another distraction by blinding them with my brights on??

I have mine on all the time. I hate hearing about my busted headlight. I turn it off or am more aware of it being a bother to others right at dusk or dawn. I also turn it off a stoplights and sometimes I leave it off for others if I am in a pack of traffic. I turn them off if it is a dark back road at night so it doesnt bother their eyes too much. I run in on the street at night all the time when I am at the front of the pack or when there is no pack.

Edit after reading Zero's post: You are very smart man. I feel very much the same when it comes to whos fault it is in an accident. If a car pulls out infront of me, It is my fault if I go down. It is the riders responsibility in the end to operate the motorcycle and pay attention to dangers.

And the only bad part about flashing your lights is that some may interpret that as a signal for you telling them to make the turn.

Why would I want to give the cagers, or other riders, another distraction by blinding them with my brights on??

you must have a bright light to blind people during the day :dunno:

at least you get noticed.

id rather be annoying as hell and be noticed than have some lady pull out in front of me claiming she didn't see me coming.

AMEN to that Nate! High beams all the time unless I'm in a group of other bikes at night, or some other extenuating circumstances.......or someone "flashes" me.

Hell.......More & more of these cage light dims are brighter than their old high beams anyways