Satellite Radio Q's

Mr. Jones

I've been looking into the satellite radio systems lately, but I'm trying to find one that provides low level RCA out's to avoid using crappy "Fm transmitter" quality sound.

I've seen a few of the common ones with "audio out" w/ a 3.5 stereo jack but I wasn't sure if that was for headphones ect.

Anybody using one setup like this ?

That's for RCA out, not for headphone use.

Get Sirius, it is better. :)

Besides Howard,,,

What serious advantage does it have?

They seem to have about the same selction of MUSIC which is what I want it for.

Not sports, talk shows, howard stern ect. ect. ect.

Besides Howard,,,

What serious advantage does it have?

They seem to have about the same selction of MUSIC which is what I want it for.

Not sports, talk shows, howard stern ect. ect. ect.

Howard AND Bubba the Love Sponge (I never thought I'd like Bubba until I started listening...he is fucking AWESOME).

The sports ARE a lot better on Sirius. News coverage tends to be a bit better too.

As for music, it's hit and miss on both. I think XM's general rock station is slightly better. Sirius's heavy metal channel is WAY better. Sirius's 80's channel is much better. I'd say overall I like Sirius's music channels better, at least for what I listen to (mostly rock/metal, small amount of alternative, very small amount of current "pop" and 80's). Don't know about the rap, R&B, etc. as I don't listen to that garbage.

I am listening to my Sirius radio right now at work!

I was on the edge of buying Sat radio for a few years now. What put me over the edge was Howard Stern.

After I got it, I was so amazed by the content of Sirius. All the popular songs from today and yesterday with no comercials. Also Stern is so much a joy to listen too now. the 1st few weeks was a lot of cus words but they toned it down some and it's even funnier I think.

My favorites are:

- 80's Channel

- Hairnation (all 80's hair bands)

- Octane

- BuzzSaw

- Hard Attack

- Stern

Guest racinbird
Ive had XM for years, its ok but the seruis station selection is better. Depending on type of car you are installing it in, you can use either FM modulation or direct connect. In my silverado I have the XM plugged into the back of the factory radio head and it sees the input as a cd changer, better quality than FM modulation.

Like mentioned earlier, Sirius has almost all sports compared to XM.

+1 on getting Sirius for Stern, but listening to other channels is well worth the money. Especially since we have 4 in my family. I got a 12 month subscription and its only another $7 a month/new radio with a limit of 3 more getting added. My bro and dad each have one, and I got one hard wired in the SS and another for home and the beater.

I love mine and so does my family.

Check out the new stations added this past week too.:D

Sirius is the only way to go....XM SUCKS!!!

I've listened to both and sirius by far is the better one.

Raw dog comedy channel is cool, ecspecially since they have a jim breuer show.

howard is awesome....it's all day howard

bubba the love sponge is funny as hell.

sirius is the only one to have NFL NETWORK.....it's cool b/c if you are listening to lets say giants vs packers well you can listen to either local broadcast.

but alright well yeah there's my 2 cents

And just for reference, I heard today that Sirius has outsold XM for the past 3 quarters now, and just hit 4 million subscribers. They had 600k and some change when Howard was making his deal 17 months ago. Talk about some progress, and projections are showing 6 million by the end of the year!

Sirius was OK, that said I would probably try XM next just so I could compare for myself. If I remember correctly, XM is a tad cheaper also. In my favorite genre, XM had a couple more appealing stations than Sirius...

Good call on the FM modulators. They suck.

There are always ways, such as converting the DIN connection in your factory HU to RCA input, but that would take some operating. The easiest way would be to pop in a Satellite radio ready deck. Then you have the display right on the deck (i believe) and plug and play simplicity.

And just for reference, I heard today that Sirius has outsold XM for the past 3 quarters now, and just hit 4 million subscribers. They had 600k and some change when Howard was making his deal 17 months ago. Talk about some progress, and projections are showing 6 million by the end of the year!

Not to mention the 500K + that got added on the day before Sterns first show.:D

If I remember correctly, XM is a tad cheaper also.

That used to be XM's advantage. Then they jumped their price to be identical w/ Sirius.

Had XM kept their prices lower and hiried Stern (they got first shot at him, but didn't play ball), Sirius would have been done for.....most likely they would have been bought out by XM in a year or two. But Sirius got smart, hired key players (both in talent and in mgmt. areas), added tons of great programming, and turned things around big time in a short amount of time.