Computer issues.

Bgbdbn

Having a small problem with my computer. After it sits for awhile (still on), and I come back to use it, I cant connect to the internet. I can do everything except connect. I have to restart the computer for it to be able to get online. I recently updated my anti virus software and it has done this since. If the anti virus software is causing this how do I fix that? Anyone have any more ideas as to what may be causing this? Thanks.

Not common enough, the three Intel PCs I have all run NAV and I've never encountered this problem.

Intel NICs, not Intel processors. And it is a few specific models of the Intel NIC. Very common problem. Common as in we had about 100 PCs here do it.

Ok, I tried the power management thing and that didnt work. How do I see if it is the other. And im not sure I have any Intel stuff in this computer. It has an AMD chip and compatable mother board. Thanks.

even though kinda rare

check you NIC for possible packet loss

start>run>command>ping 127.0.0.1

it will send 4 packets to your NIC and you should get all 4 recieved and 0 lost, if any are lost than this could be partly to blame for loosing connection for no reason

Morabu