Need a couple of folding tables & tranny stand

MrMeanGreen

My 4L60E is being rebuilt by a couple of friends in my garage this week. However, I need two folding tables and hopefully a tranny stand for the work. They'll be going in the side of the garage normally occupied by Firebird Jr. since he'll be living outside in the driveway while I finish reassembling his bigger brother.

I'd prefer if it was someone on the east side since it'll be that much easier with my limited truck resources, but any side of town will do if it means getting the tranny finished that mcuh sooner.

Honestly I would not recomend that you're tranny rebuild be done in your garage. One little spec of nothing in the rebuilt unit coulde easily spedlll disaster. In professional shops they use clean rooms,. like you'd see in a hospital operating roon to rebuild trannys. If you insist on it, I wish ya luck, and may god be on your side.

I have an engine stand. I dont know if this is what you would consider a tranny stand. The table, although I dont mind getting dirty if I can wipe it clean, I would rather not destroy. It is a very sturdy hard plastic. Not a cheapy. It can easily hold a couple hundred pounds.

Honestly I would not recomend that you're tranny rebuild be done in your garage. One little spec of nothing in the rebuilt unit coulde easily spedlll disaster. In professional shops they use clean rooms,. like you'd see in a hospital operating roon to rebuild trannys. If you insist on it, I wish ya luck, and may god be on your side.

Quoted for truth.

Budget builds = budget results.

Not a budget build, the parts are top notch and the people building it know their shit.

As for clean rooms. I have yet to go to ANY shop that has a "clean room" dedicated to transmissions. None, and I'd expect if someone disagrees with me, show me your tranny shop's "clean room".

Guest Removed
Not a budget build, the parts are top notch and the people building it know their shit.

As for clean rooms. I have yet to go to ANY shop that has a "clean room" dedicated to transmissions. None, and I'd expect if someone disagrees with me, show me your tranny shop's "clean room".

Well, I know Ive seen a few pro shops that have clean rooms..but not around here...

But i will agree on this one, if you get a bunch of dust and dirt in there, you might as well sweep the garage floor up , and dump it all in the trans pan when you put it back in! I've seen some engine's not make it past breakin, because of Dust and dirt!