Glock 18: Full auto pistol ftw

dragknee66

Just so you know... The last time I checked... Which was sometime in Decemeber, there were no transferrable G18's in the US. The last time I found one with an asking price on it... (a customer was interested in one,) the guy wanted $17,000 for it....

One of the best investments ever.....

he is a PO, he is allowed to have one and can order it straight from glock. that is a G18C, the G18 is not auto and is available to the public. i was VERY interested in that gun quite a while ago. 19X9mm believe it comes with 35round clip......

he is a PO, he is allowed to have one and can order it straight from glock. that is a G18C, the G18 is not auto and is available to the public. i was VERY interested in that gun quite a while ago. 19X9mm believe it comes with 35round clip......

the gun has to be owned by the department, my dad aslready tried to get one se we could play with it.

Thats cool and what not but the caliber on a glock is useless. Gimme a 45 acp and lets talk damage.

he could be shooting .22s at you for all he cares. he gets a clip off in the time it takes you to squeeze twice. he doesnt even have to be remotely accurate and it will still draw a line down you.

False. The G17 is the non-auto version of the G18. It is the same everything minus the selector switch. It is a 33 rd magazine.

Being a police officer does not mean the 18 can be owned. If he gets a class 3 tax stamp he can own it, if he can find someone willing to sell one that is legal. His department can order one from Glock, but it would be a gun for the station and not the officer...

Glock makes a few models in .45 ACP.

True

he could be shooting .22s at you for all he cares. he gets a clip off in the time it takes you to squeeze twice. he doesnt even have to be remotely accurate and it will still draw a line down you.

While that is true, I'd rather be considered a marksman then someone who sprays and prays. If two people using the said firearms were to react at the same time, chances are the spraying glocker would have trouble connecting with a baseball sized hole removed from his chest.

Is it legal to modify a semi-auto to full auto if you get a class 3 license??

Class 3 liscence with the SOT tax aditional and then you can purchase post 1986 weapons as a dealer. You will hafto actulally sell some firearms to the police or some other agency that can legaly own them, otherwise sitting on invetory and not selling anything is considered tax fraud (due to the $200 transfer tax waived for dealer to dealer transfers)

Pre 86 weapons are a matter of getting local law enforcement to sign off on a batf-4 (I think thats the form) and then it can be transfered to a private citizen.

If you start your own incorpirated buisiness, then you can list class III weapons as an investment, or as a business expense if you incorparate as a security firm, but the weapons will never belong to you personally, and if the business gets sued, they are part of the assets.

You can also become a class II SOT and maufacture your own, but its an ass ton of paperwork.

All tings aside, yes I would love to own a few 18s, and if it where posible to keep a full auto .45 from going straight to the sky, Id rock it.