Trouble Startingng

Dweet

My bike has been in my parent's garage all winter and I'm trying to get it started so I can ride it when the weather gets nice these coming weeks. Anyways I have a 2005 Yamaha YZF-600R its carbeurated and only has like 3k miles on it.... the battery is fine and sounds like it should crank as normal when i push the button... any input would be great.. this is my first bike and the first time it has set over the winter... there was about a half tank of fuel in there and i put some fuel stabilizer in it before i put it in storage as well...

Do you have the choke fully in the on position? If so I would crank it for a few secounds, then let it sit for about 20-30 secounds to allow the fuel to vaporize, then I'd crank it again for like 5-10 secounds, and repeat until the bike starts. Sometimes it's difficult to start a carburearted bike when the weather is cold because the bike is generally tuned to run when the temp is warmer. The fuel does not vaporize as well when it's cold out. Making it hard to start, and it will probally run a little rough until the engine warms up.