Autox this weekend Apr. 1-2

Dr. Apex

Guest twopullupeddie

Achilles, could you give me the web site where you register for the Auto-X? I registered for the event but I can't find that web site now. It'll be my first Auto-X and I was wanting to make sure I have all of my ducks in a row.

Thanks.

http://www.dlbracing.com Look for the date of the event and it will list "OVR" and click on the register icon. It's a nice and easy site to use. Most of all the info you need is in my thread in the "at the track" section but feel free to ask me any questions.

I will be at the event sunday by 7am so look for my blue Laser and I should be near by, I'll gladly help show you around.

Ben

It's $35 for non-SCCA members if you don't pre-register. Cooper stadium is directly off I-70 just west of downtown columbus. Coming from the east side you simply take I-70 west to the Mound St. exit, at the bottom of the ramp you're staring at the parking lot.

Ricochet, people autox cars that are heavier with less power than yours. It's all about having fun.

Racing usually starts around 9:30 to 10am. It costs nothing to watch or get ridealongs. If you are racing you are expected to work, you'll work 1 heat and probably chase cones after people like me hit them and place them back. We all have to work otherwise there'd be no cones left to drive through, it can be fun working though watching the other cars driving and also getting to see how other people take the course.

Looks like there might be rain Sat! Bring your umbrella's poncho's and street tires! Unless there's lightning or the conditions are real bad the race goes on. If it gets cancelled I post it in here as soon as I know about it.

its a parking lot filled with cones, and you drive through them for the best time, its the ability to test your driving skills.... it looks fun I am more of a straight line racer myself but I might get the courrage to come out one day and try it but im sure I will get laughed at much

I emailed about the driver's school but got no response. Is it still possible to sign up?

Sometimes theyre a little slow on responding. If your signing up for the "OVR" drivers school then you'll have no problem. The "Evolution" drivers school might be full already as they dont allow a large number of participants to keep the student/teacher ratio very low.

Autox is short for "Autocross". It's a cone course setup typically in a parking lot and is designed to challenge you against the clock. It's not wheel to wheel and is something anyone can do as long as your vehicle is mechanically sound.

Here's the link to my thread with the pics so you can see first hand what it's about... http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23816

Ok...I know your message was directed at someone else, but what does a ride along entail? My ex used to do those kind of racing I think...he was horrible at it though...I never wanted to go along b/c I didn't trust his driving...but the right person may be fun. Has anyone ever gotten hurt doing the autox???

Ok...I know your message was directed at someone else, but what does a ride along entail? My ex used to do those kind of racing I think...he was horrible at it though...I never wanted to go along b/c I didn't trust his driving...but the right person may be fun. Has anyone ever gotten hurt doing the autox???

Simply means you ride shotgun with someone that's racing. There have been accidents but they're extremely rare in autocross. Cooper stdium's lot only has 4 large light posts in it, it's the only thing you could hit and the course is designed to work around those.

Your probably more likely to hit the lottery than ever be involved in a wreck in autocross, but it is racing and there's always a risk.

Racing starts around 9:30 am until it's done somewhere between 3-6pm.

preregisted sign-ups stoped today,

i think if you show up at 7:00 you can pay $35 and they'll still let a few people in like 30 or so.

That's correct, 830am I believe is the latest you can register on-site. They probably will not enforce that too much this weekend as only about 60 or so cars have pre-registered for the event. Regardless I think it's best to be there by 730-8am to get ready, especially if you're new.

Nice improvement. I had a blast today. The new tires kickass and I should be fairly competitive in my class. Couldn't have asked for better weather today and now I can't wait for the next event on the 30th. I'll put up some pics as soon as they're available.

hey ben good run today..along with everyone out there today.. wish i coulda run my talon./.but clutch/tranny issues from lastnight prevented that..maybe next time!.. Ryan

Shit, you should of come up and got a ride. I was solo for most of my laps. Though I won't be taking passengers a lot as this car doesn't have the power to come out of the corners with 2 people in it.