Who wants some cash? (rebuilding a carb)

Kuruma

Allright, here's the deal. Friend needs a carb rebuilt on his 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 (AE86). The carb is a toyota asian carb, similar to the ones used in other 4A-C powered cars. He has a rebuild kit already, so you don't need to buy one to get the job done. He cannot be without use of the car for more then a week. Let me know how much you want for doing it and when you can and I'll pass the info along.

I also kinda need one of these rebuilt for myself too, but I can wait until his is done seeing as I have two other cars that drive.

100% sure that it's a carb. The SR5 model comes with the same 1.6 liter SOHC carbed engine used in the FWD corollas. They use a really crappy carb that likes to do stupid things like develop a dead spot in the middle between not pressing the gas and WOT, which only gets worse with time until you rebuild or replace it. If you let it go long enough the car likes to do stupid things like stall when you hit the brakes, have it's idle lope from 500rpm to 1,500rpm, or get stuck in WOT. (Yes, my own car has done all of these, and that's a big part of why it's sitting.) :doh:

Personally, I think it's a better idea to ditch the stock carb and install a Weber 32/36, but they're priced a bit higher then what my friend can afford, so he'd like to get his stock one rebuilt.