anyone work on dryers?

evan9381

we have a "whirlpool - ultimate care 2" here at my house. within the next couple months ill be taking it when i move out. for a while now, something has been going on where the auto dry (where it runs until the clothes are dry) has not worked. when drying a big load or a bunch of towels, the 90 min timed dry does not last long enough to dry the load, leaving you with damp clothes. im not home enough to be able to just turn it back on for 30 minutes or whatever. im not sure if theres a bad sensor thats went out or if this is a common problem. thought id see if anyone knows if this is a common problem, if this is a cheap fix, or if someone knows someone who can fix it for me

thanks

Sounds like the heating element has gone bad. My ex's dryer wasn't drying her clothes and I replaced the element and that fixed the issue. I think the element for her dryer was like $40 or so but her dryer was hella old. You would just have to either call the manufacturer or an appliance parts store for a price. They are pretty simple to replace.

I work for the Whirlpool factory in Marion, the only thing that we make is dryers. Might just be that the wire has come loose from the back of the censor. Not entirely sure on the modles wires, but I believe that there is 1 yellow wire with a black stripe that runs to the censor on the bulkhead. (Bulkhead is what you see when you look inside the dryer that stops your clothes from going back into the dryer, drum sits on it.) You would actually have to get to the back of the dryer to check it, or take the consloe and top off.

the heating element isnt bad. it will dry the clothes in like an hour and a half to 2 hours on a big load. the problem is that when i use the autodry, it just stays on, instead of turning off once the clothes are dry

ill check the wire tonight if i get some time. thanks