high pitch noise coming from intake...

Spidey2721

I have a 93 s-10 4.3 with TBI. I am getting a loud high pitch noise coming from the intake after the truck has warmed up. The noise goes away when the truck is under load for example when I accelerate it will go away. It will come back for a moment just before the truck shifts into the next gear and will go away if I continue to accelerate thru that gear. If I am cruising say on interstate or any other city street the noise is there. I am a lil baffled by it. I am pretty sure one of the injectors is plugged a lil or starting to go bad but I have never heard a injector make this noise or this loud of a noise. It knida sounds like a large volume of air sucking thru a very small hole. Any suggestions?

later,

jay

An obstruction that creates a whistle at Xcfm will not produce a whistle at X+ or X- cfm. You may have something in your intake hose. Remember the drier duct intake I made for Mean green? It whistled at X rpm, i.e. Xcfm, but not at more or less rpm.

it does it all the time at any rpm unless underload. If I sit in park and gradually rev it up it will do it all the way up. Oh and I took the air cleaner and such off the throttle body and it still did it. Was louder too.

Havent done the ether thing yet. its next on my list.

thanks,

jay

thanks for the help guys, will be able to look into it some tomorrow. I forgot to mention one thing... the sound seems to resonate from inside the throttle body when I had the air cleaner and intake hose off. Thanks again will post more tomorrow after I do some more digging. I hope I don't have to get into the TBI throttle body, well it will be a first some maybe I will learn something. All the more reason to get my birdy back together.

later,

jay

• 2 weeks later...