Flying shrapnel

coolblue

I was driving over to Easton from Reynoldsburg on 270 at lunch today. There was a box truck with a trailer about 1/4 mile ahead of me. I noticed stuff was coming off of his trailer onto 270. A van hit the stuff and it flew up in the air, almost looked like a large piece of paper.

I then realized it was aluminum siding. He lost at least 10 pieces, not good. So I was weaving and trying to avoid getting hit with the siding. I had a semi beside me and cars around me. I was using all the lanes and speeding up and slowing down as needed so I wouldn't be beside a car or the semi when they hit the aluminum siding. It wasn't one of those things where you can avoid something by slowing down because the box truck was still driving and still spewing aluminum siding across the freeway. I would eventually have to drive around the stuff.

I was trying to think of a way to get around him so he would be behind me. He finally realized he was losing stuff and pulled over. Not fun on a bike.