Worlds fastest production car

wnaplay1647545503

Hate to break it to you but that's old news. The new Bugatti Veyron wipes the floor with that car @ 253mph.... ;)

True, but that is within reach of the Koenesesegsgsgesgsgegsieg engineers. The Mclaren F1's record stood for a long long time, it's nice to finaly see some more competition at the top.

Yeah...aerodynamically.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but initially the car was aimed to hit 253, but couldn't because of aerodynamics; the had to spend a buttload of money re-designing it to be stable at that speed, including adding the whole rear wing assembly. Which by the way, is a fucking air brake. AN AIR BRAKE ON A LAND VEHICLE!

When you do decide you wanna do 253, you have to call Bugatti and they send a 'pit crew' on an arranged time and place to calibrate the car for speed, including changing tires and so forth. I'd still take a Diablo VT over it though. IMO the Diablo has one of the most intimidating facades in automotive history.

Take a close look at the engine, the design look familiar to anyone???

hell yes it does. I had and sold one of those blocks a while back. If I'd known, I would have put it on ebay; "Koenigsegg engine block, direct bolt up for mustang, Drift JDM Cobra Shelby F1 fast and furious look!!!"

Which by the way, is a fucking air brake. AN AIR BRAKE ON A LAND VEHICLE!

That's becoming more common. One comes to mind right away, the SLR Mclaren. Technicaly all wings function as an air brake, but you're incorrect about the Veyron, its spoiler is actualy meant for downforce, first and foremost. Its active adjustability lends it to many funtions, though.

http://www.maj.com/gallery/steven-dunn/veyron/left-wing.jpg

The SLR's brake stays down during regular driving, and onyle come up under heavy braking. Therefore, it is a true airbrake.

I thought I read in C&D that is was electronically limited.

The Veyron is only electronically limited when you don't have the "special" key next to the seat engaged. Going 253 mph on the ground takes A LOT of HP. For it to go faster then 253 it would need a lot more power. Just look at the Koenigsegg. It did 245 mph with 800 HP and a lower coeffecient of drag then the Veyron. The Veyron only has 200 HP more, wich at that speed isn't worth much mph.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but initially the car was aimed to hit 253, but couldn't because of aerodynamics; the had to spend a buttload of money re-designing it to be stable at that speed, including adding the whole rear wing assembly. Which by the way, is a fucking air brake. AN AIR BRAKE ON A LAND VEHICLE!

When you do decide you wanna do 253, you have to call Bugatti and they send a 'pit crew' on an arranged time and place to calibrate the car for speed, including changing tires and so forth. I'd still take a Diablo VT over it though. IMO the Diablo has one of the most intimidating facades in automotive history.

Not true!

The car has three mode settings. Normal, Handling, TopSpeed.

Normal the car rides at 4.9in. When you put it in handling mode the car drops to 3.1in (front) and 3.7in (rear) and is good for around 230mph. To go 253 you have to come to a stop and turn the key lock that is on the floor left of the drivers seat. Once this is activated the car drops to 2.6/2.8 inches. The front underbody flaps close and the rear spoiler and wing retract. This reduces drag from .41 to .36 which causes down force to go from 770 to 120lbs.....

Bugatti recommends that you check to see that all of the aerodynamic changes have taken place and to check tire pressure and condition before proceding on. No Bugatti pit-crew needed at all. However if you go over 35mph and turn the steering more than 90-degrees or even touch the brakes, the car automatically returns to the handling mode (230ish).

P.S....the car is governed at 253 not aero limited.

Also reference your AIR BRAKE comment, if you have been on the autobahn you would know the reasoning behind it. Just to give you a little info on it. The wing is deployed when you step on the brakes only. Which at 230mph raises it to 55-degrees and increases downforce to 1100lbs. and adds as much as 2500lbs of drag. Which provides 2.00 g of initial deceleration which they claim is 50% more than a 911 at any speed.

And its got something like a dozen radiators throughout the car.

Three coolant radiators, one heat exchanger (for twin air-to-liquid intercoolers), and two air-conditioning condensors. Don't forget the transmission, differential and engine oil cooler. ;)

Three coolant radiators, one heat exchanger (for twin air-to-liquid intercoolers), and two air-conditioning condensors. Don't forget the transmission, differential and engine oil cooler. ;)

Top Gear said it even has one just to cool the hydraulic fluid in the system to raise and lower the wing.

Also reference your AIR BRAKE comment, if you have been on the autobahn you would know the reasoning behind it. Just to give you a little info on it. The wing is deployed when you step on the brakes only. Which at 230mph raises it to 55-degrees and increases downforce to 1100lbs. and adds as much as 2500lbs of drag. Which provides 2.00 g of initial deceleration which they claim is 50% more than a 911 at any speed.

Yeah, its supposed to stop it in < 15 seconds. Its nuts.

With reference to your steering/brake reset comment, are you referring to turning the steering wheel 90 degrees?