HOLY CRAP this town is amazing!

ChevyMan1972

Columbus Racing,

Well I am on here to tell you all a story. I am away on a ASQ "American Standard of Quality trip for Columbus Steel....my company. Im about 15 miles away from Detroit MI. in an INSANE town called Birmingham MI. I am staying in a Holliday Inn express hotel on the 5th floor with a walk out balcany. This town is crasy, some of you may know right off of, this street is Woodward ave. home of the late summer "Dream cruze"

Well I have been here for 2 days so far and let me tell you, it is almost like being on rodeo drive in CA. Let me tell you! ALL there is....is 100k cars rolling around this town and tonight was so nice out I decided to stay out near the main road and catch some of the insane cars passing by here. And out of the blue was just like I was back at home in columbus or on the east side of the weekend. Here comes this bad ass Yellow nice sounding Zo6 and a nasty black evo that was sick at the stop light. The Z06 revv's up at 1st and so does the evo telling me that we were about to see a show!! LOL!! anyway all the sudden the Zo6 decides to purge his No2 and I know for sure all hell was about to break loose then the light turned green and they were off! But to my amazment the sprayed Zo6 didnt have a chance to this evo becuase when they both launched the evo had about 5 cars from the green light and started to go sideways in an all 4 wheel burn out. I dont know who this car was but I was like OMFG! The Z06 was up in instant tire smoke just like John Force with a little 2 much clutch off the starting line.

Again let me tell you guys this town is absoulutly crazy on the ammount of cars around here. The cost of living here has to be 3 times as much as back home but I am loving every minute of it...for sure, 2 bad I am only here till thursday, but oh well just thought I would share it with all of you!

Sorry for the long post and the miss spelled word's I am just 2 excited to type right now for all the excitement that went on today after class.. Let me explain again all the cars I saw today.

1. About a dozen or so Porshe Canne turbo's

2. 5 Caddy CTS V's

3. Masaritti's

4. Landrovers with HUGE ass brembo breaks on them.

5. 3 S600 AMG's

6. TONS of high end SUV's

7. Nice bikes with HOT ladies riding them!

And many MANY more stuff that I cant even think of right now. I need to come down here for the "Dream Cruze" or maybe Columbus racing should take a part in this cruze huh? It's only about 3.5 hrs away from CB.

Once again sorry for the long drawed out post hoped everyone enjoyed reading it and wish all of you were here with me sitting out on the curb watching it.

Thanks again!

Daniel Weaver

100$ says if you see those porche/audi/landrovers youll see a guy about 30 years old, dark hair and goatee...hes one of my buddies from a hyundai board im on...hes the new incoming cars manager or something and part of his job is having to fill all the cars up w/ gas...hes driven every carrera GT thats come into that shop...he works at fred lavery porsche/audi/landrover

edit...

here he is in a new carrera GT

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/evan938/davecgt.jpg

Yea I just woke up and am sitting here at the hotel getting ready to eat breakfast, and its raining outside. Hopefully today it will stop raining and we can see some more action tonight. It was so cool seing this street racing thing going on right out front of the hotel.

Daniel

stoplight races at dream cruise? what do they do? a 0-5 dig? it took me 2 hours to drive 4 miles down woodward (my buddy thought it would be funny to get me off on woodward at the complete other end of where he was)

i will admit though, the cars are pretty bad ass

It depends on where you are in Detroit. Birmingham is a really nice area and there's a lot of nice stuff around downtown Birmingham for the dream cruise. (Ford rents the downtown area and has a lot of displays, not to mention a lot of clubs have meets there) If you've never been to the dream cruise definately go!

Guest milner71
Heck thats just a couple guys going at it on the drive by. there are guys racing up there for 10- 15 Gs around the GM plants somewhere from what I been told.