Auto shipping

Guest FrancesTheMute

John,

What type of car are you shipping and how much does it mean to you. Does DAS even offer enclosed transport, and do they use the conventional style car haulers...because if so there are many risks involved to cars that most of us enthusiests would own. If it's an unmodified SUV or standard sedan then maybe it's a different story.

I currently have a car in Seattle that I just purchased awaiting pickup from Intercity Lines. If you've got a couple of weeks I'll let you know all of the details when my car arrives. They're not the cheapest on the market but they use Pro Race team style haulers with flip down gates and fully inclosed transport.

I checked with all of the top of the line carriers (Horseless carriage, Fedex, etc) and Intercity ended up being slightly cheaper and came very hignly recommended by other car enthusiests.

If you really want to do it on the cheap look into rail carriers. With current fuel prices it's not a cheap time to ship any vehicle though.

Andy

John,

What type of car are you shipping and how much does it mean to you. Does DAS even offer enclosed transport, and do they use the conventional style car haulers...because if so there are many risks involved to cars that most of us enthusiests would own. If it's an unmodified SUV or standard sedan then maybe it's a different story.

I currently have a car in Seattle that I just purchased awaiting pickup from Intercity Lines. If you've got a couple of weeks I'll let you know all of the details when my car arrives. They're not the cheapest on the market but they use Pro Race team style haulers with flip down gates and fully inclosed transport.

I checked with all of the top of the line carriers (Horseless carriage, Fedex, etc) and Intercity ended up being slightly cheaper and came very hignly recommended by other car enthusiests.

If you really want to do it on the cheap look into rail carriers. With current fuel prices it's not a cheap time to ship any vehicle though.

Andy

I agree with him about getting an enclosed trailer if the car is real important, or you're worried about weather damage. When I shipped my Supra and Jeep back from Vegas, they looked like they were pulled from the bottom of a lake, they were that dirty.

Scott

peace