Thursday Nights in Dayton

jarvismb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Dustin thanks again for picking me up this morning. The alternator is dead, 2nd one in two months. It's 130amp and it's charging at 6 amps. Gotta take it out and send it back for them to rebuild it. But thanks again I know it was outta the blue.

No problem man. That's crappy luck. What are you driving until it's back to you?

Damn Honda cars. GM FTW!!!!

Oh and BTW...Dodge...

Oh I drove it to work this morning. It'll run for about 1 1/2 months on just the battery. I know it's not great but I can't ride the bike right now so. I'm gonna take it out tonight and get it on it's way. Should take a total of 2 weeks since the place is in cali. If it takes to long I have another alternator that I'll have rebuilt locally in dayton. It's a 150amp and it's over charging at 18 volts. I can have it rebuilt for around $90.

Brad I had the car for almost 9 years now I know it's gonna give me some problems. The car is well over 200,000mi, how many gm's make it that long. Besides I just want it to make it to December when I finally get a new car.

SO yeah kinda pissed at the city, the roads are so bad around my house it vibrated the alternator plug out. That's why my battery died, simple fix but it still pisses me off. Found it out yesterday when I was uninstalling the alternator. The plug was just dangling there.

I'm likely to go to Chicago. Cleveland is still a possibility though...Not sure if I need to go to both or not.

You went to both last year....I plan on stopping by Shane's BBQ after the show. Thanks to Dustin, I now have to eat there everytime I am in C-Bus