C6 Z06 0-200mph Cluster Video

Couple things...

It only runs to 190, not 200... yea... "only" 190 :lol:

Wheres 6th gear?

Is the gearing on those THAT TALL? 60mph in 1st gear :confused:

Traction control is off.... 1st gear.... 505hp/500lb-ft.... no wheel spin :confused:

:bs:

Couple things...

It only runs to 190, not 200... yea... "only" 190 :lol:

Wheres 6th gear?

Is the gearing on those THAT TALL? 60mph in 1st gear :confused:

Traction control is off.... 1st gear.... 505hp/500lb-ft.... no wheel spin :confused:

:bs:

6th Gear = OVERDRIVEN ECONOMY GEAR

NOT A SPEED GEAR!

I am the only one who wonders if that was done on a dyno ?

SplnSux: It ran to the 200mph mark. I'm not sure why it skips 190, but it did go to 200.

First gear does go all the way to 60mph on the c6. Craziness.

Are you fucking stupid, can you count? That speedo needle only went to 190mph count the marks between 180 and the end Mark. the speedo only counts every 20mph after 100mph.... :nono:

Like he said "only 190" ha ha......

Am I the only one that noticed that the Tach only was a 6k at 190, so it has another 1k of life in that gear maybe...looks like GM left some work for us to take care of......

Nice car, I would like to own one in a few years.

Are you fucking stupid, can you count? That speedo needle only went to 190mph count the marks between 180 and the end Mark. the speedo only counts every 20mph after 100mph.... :nono:

It seems the confusion is that where the needle stops it "says" 200 but the 200 is meant for the last mark on the speedo. So....yes 190mph.

Straight crazy acceleration and speed.

So let me get this strait....

Inside the island of the powerband, at WOT, the engine cant turn 6th gear any faster... then 5th... NOT A SINGLE RPM?... :confused:

Because if this is true, out of the powerband, in order to drive in 6th... you have to use more throttle to turn it, than in 5th.... and this saves gas....

:thumbdown

Perhaps they didnt go into 6th because they ran out of road... not because it couldnt go any faster :thumbup:

Inside the island of the powerband, at WOT, the engine cant turn 6th gear any faster... then 5th... NOT A SINGLE RPM?... :confused:

Because if this is true, out of the powerband, in order to drive in 6th... you have to use more throttle to turn it, than in 5th.... and this saves gas....

Perhaps they didnt go into 6th because they ran out of road... not because it couldnt go any faster :thumbup:

There's a hell of a wall of air it's pushing against at those kinds of speeds. Plain and simple, 6th gear does not have enough 'gear' to pull any faster or to maintain that speed. Now, if the car had some more power, or a shorter 6th gear, maybe. How much power and how much shorter of a 6th gear? I don't know exactly. I also don't know the exact speed at which wind resistance overcomes 6th gears' ability to pull.

*edit* - It's also a pretty well known fact on corvetteforum.com that C5/Z06 and C6/Z06 all reach their top speed in 5th gear.

You really are retarded aren't you?

6th gear is for economy on the highway.

Even if you had enough power, the car would become airborne at the top of 6th gear. I dont' have the ratio's in front of me, but I'm sure somebody could do the math quickly if they have it around.

I know on the older z06's 70sh is around 1500-1700rpm? (correct me if i'm wrong).

Like he said "only 190" ha ha......

Am I the only one that noticed that the Tach only was a 6k at 190, so it has another 1k of life in that gear maybe...looks like GM left some work for us to take care of......

Nice car, I would like to own one in a few years.

Dude. Chill. The speedo needle stops at 200, I assumed that meant "200mph". Sorry I'm not a speedometer engineer. Lighten up a bit. Watching it again I see the error of my ways. :p Crazy GM.