Anyone work at a parts store?

Joe

I know there are probably some peolpe on here who work in parts stores and sell Optima batteries so maybe one of you could help me out?

I have an Optima redtop in my RX7 that is currently dead and will not accept a charge. This battery is out of warranty, and sine I have to pay for tags and 6mos of insurance up front to be able to drive the car, I dont have much left to purchase a battery with. I was hoping that maybe someone on here has the ability to warranty it for me. If its asking too much, thats ok, just let me know. If it didnt have to be a sealed battery, I wouldnt care as much, but the thing has been relocated inside the passenger compartment. Please let me know if anyone can help me out! :)

Thanks in advance

Someone at Interstate was telling me that when the Optimas go completely dead the only way they will accept a charge is to charge it in parallel with another battery. Sounds fishy but it might pay to take it to someone that might know about this and let them try.

Joe I can't help you but i know I ate up a red top and it was because I was charging it with a trickle charger

for some reason your conventional battery charger destroys these batteries the only safe way to charge them is by alternator. so I put my red top in my corolla until I get the RX running right again.

meanwhile i put the conventional battery in the car while i try to fix the bugs since it will take charge from a charger.

Joe I can't help you but i know I ate up a red top and it was because I was charging it with a trickle charger

for some reason your conventional battery charger destroys these batteries the only safe way to charge them is by alternator. so I put my red top in my corolla until I get the RX running right again.

meanwhile i put the conventional battery in the car while i try to fix the bugs since it will take charge from a charger.

Mine died from sitting out of the car. I would like to replace it with a yellow top, but cannot afford one at this time. So, back to my original question, can anyone sneak it by under a warranty?

I was told by Interstate that they have a 3 year free replacement warranty but the battery needs taken back to them and they will test it before they will exchange it.