Coolest CPD ever...(long)

Guest StealthDudeTT

Guest StealthDudeTT
So this isn't exactly a speed-trap story, but I figured it was somewhat fitting in this thread category as it pertains to cops... A few weeks ago I'm traveling alongside my buddy on 270 heading towards Easton, my friend(who doesn't have a cell phone) ends up getting off at the Morse Rd. exit, and I end up missing it somehow(even though I used to use that exit all the time). Dumb-ass maneuver #1 of the evening. So knowing I can't pull a U-turn on 270 for the surety of getting pulled over, I drop gears and blast ahead to the next exit I can turn around at, which happens to be 62. I head East on 62, get stopped at the first light, get in the left turn lane and prepare for my clearly illegal U-turn which I now think I can get away with. Green turn arrow, I start looking around for cops, pull ahead and "safely" perform my U-turn. Heading back the opposite way now, I immediately look to my left and I start swearing aloud as I make direct eye-contact with a Gahanna police officer. Knowing I have just gotten myself a sure ticket, I let the grim realization sink in. Sure enough, the cruiser performs his U-turn at the intersection and starts heading my way. But then he waits about 5-10 seconds to turn his lights on, giving me a false hope that I just might have struck lucky. I pull over, the officer gets out, walks to my passenger window, and tells me I just performed a, "restricted U-turn". I know what I've done, and am completely honest with the cop, but explain what happened and how I need to get back to meet my buddy since he doesnt have a phone. He takes my license/registration and goes to his cruiser without saying much at all. At this point I know I'll be paying a fine soon enough. Not 45 seconds later, he returns to my vehicle, hands me my license back and then goes on to say 3 things which have me sweating profusely and worrying to death... #1 "I see you have a radar detector in your window" to which I respond, "Yes sir, but it doesn't seem to work too well"... he sort of grins, #2(from looking up my record) "So you aren't still drag racing are you?" ... ok, at this point I am having flashbacks of the movie "supertroopers" and thinking this guy is playing cruel games with me to get me to flip out or something... Now miraculously keeping my cool I respond, "oh no sir! I learned my lesson from that one 2 years ago!" Now the real amazement comes from his third statement, which I still cant figure out how it happened... with a grin on his face, "ok son, just keep it cool, keep it safe. And have a good evening." With that, he walks away... to leave me sitting speechless, and wondering if I am dreaming. Knowing that the cop could have nailed me for no front license plate, an illegal U-turn, and not legal depth of tire tread, I was completely baffled. Maybe he was having a really good day, or maybe he liked my car... whatever it was, I think I met the coolest CPD ever! :rolleyes:

Yeah man thats awesome, crazy thing is i seem to get guys like that ALL the time. Not that im bragging but ive been pulled over 14 times, all for stupid shit like going 6 over, or doing a donut in a parking lot, or riding wheelies, and one for drag racing. All have been verbal warnings, i dunno how its happened other than i have a clean driving record and every cop seems to not want to mess it up. O well, good for you and knock on wood for me lol

Guest StealthDudeTT
Yeah man thats awesome, crazy thing is i seem to get guys like that ALL the time. Not that im bragging but ive been pulled over 14 times, all for stupid shit like going 6 over, or doing a donut in a parking lot, or riding wheelies, and one for drag racing. All have been verbal warnings, i dunno how its happened other than i have a clean driving record and every cop seems to not want to mess it up. O well, good for you and knock on wood for me lol

Now how did you talk your way out of a drag racing ticket...? I could have used that info a while ago. :cool:

Guest StealthDudeTT
Damn, after actually looking back at my own post, that is definitely one gigantic cluster-fuck. :doh: Apologies all, and it's not that great of a story, so don't kill yourselves trying to read it. :cool:

Guest BHOzx2ner
lucky. im from gahanna and the cops here have alway been dicks to me and my friends. even when i get pulled over in a 1993 ford taurus. yea tahts right a taurus

"pulled over 14 times" now thats what im talking about

now im not saying im bragging but i have been pulled over in excess of triple that amount. last i heard from a pickerington office i had 38 convictions...

tried getting pulled over by the OHP, no insurance, wrong tags on the car, no front plate, 11 mph over. let me go. true story. stillmen to back it up.

"pulled over 14 times" now thats what im talking about

now im not saying im bragging but i have been pulled over in excess of triple that amount. last i heard from a pickerington office i had 38 convictions...

tried getting pulled over by the OHP, no insurance, wrong tags on the car, no front plate, 11 mph over. let me go. true story. stillmen to back it up.

What about the time you had the strobes on going down Rt 40 behind Andy and I? You gotta tell that story.