craigslist

evan9381

anyone here use it? im just realizing this site and how nice it is to find stuff locally. couple questions about it...do i need to sign up to email people asking about products? do i need to sign up to sell things? and is it ok to make offers on things people are selling (dont know if its good manners to do so).?

anyone here use it? im just realizing this site and how nice it is to find stuff locally. couple questions about it...

I've used it for a little over a year now. Great site and you can find some really good deals on stuff. What is really nice is, that being different from ebay, you're not bidding on items.

do i need to sign up to email people asking about products?

No.

do i need to sign up to sell things?

Yes, but it's a quick process.

and is it ok to make offers on things people are selling (dont know if its good manners to do so).?

Some ads mention that their prices are negotiable, so that would be fine to do on those. On items that don't mention a negotiable price, you can feel them out in your email to see if they'd budge on their pricing.

Pretty much its the same etiquette you would expect buying and selling here on CR. I sold my CJ-7 and my GSX600F through craigslist this spring and was happy doing so. No charge for advertising which would have have been about 50 bucks in the dispatch. From the buyers perspective it is better than newspaper classifieds because you can have actual pics. You have to put up with email from dumbasses and lowballers/integrity cycles but that is expected. The email from dealers (integrity cycles) offering you half of your advertised price really pissed me off. If I wanted half the price Im asking I would have already brought it to you.

I guess what I am saying is overall I was very happy with the website, just watch out for the shithead scammers and dumbasses that are out there.

^ yeah things sell pretty fast I sold I nice verizon cell phone within 2 hours of posting... make sure you respond quick when buying things more people use that site then you think..