Entered to win a free car at Tuttle Mall....

Hwilli1647545487

I was at Tuttle a few months back, and was bored and decided to enter to win one of the cars they had sititng there. I honestly don't even remember which one.

Well anyway, I got a phone call today indicating that I have "been selected as one of the finalists".

Apparantly I have to drive to a "resort" in Camrbige Ohio called Grand Haven Resort. I will pull a key from a revolving try or something of that nature, and if I choose correctly then I get the car.

They also said I will automatically get too choose two of four prizes. One was a 27'' TV, and Trip to Vegas, or $500 cash. I dont recall the fourth.

Now this all sounds way too good to be true. I googled it, and could find no scams listed. I did find information on the resort, which seems nice and legit.

My question is has anyone had this happen to them before? I full expect to have to listen to some sort of sales pitch, but is there any thing else I should be worried about?

TIA,

Howard

I once entered to win a cruise. I got a phone call, "congratulations you have won the cruise!"

I am like, sweet! But wait, they wanted $400 for it, HUH? Apparently I wont a wonderful prize package for $400 but they couldn't provide me with any legitimate information and wouldn't let me get off of the phone to verify their story.

I called the local TV station and they sent a crew to my apartment and I had an interview on the news. Basically they said I was a really cool guy because I didn't fall for a blatant scam. I just wanted everyone else to know it was a scam.

Too good to be true rule and all.

I was at Tuttle a few months back, and was bored and decided to enter to win one of the cars they had sititng there. I honestly don't even remember which one.

Well anyway, I got a phone call today indicating that I have "been selected as one of the finalists".

Apparantly I have to drive to a "resort" in Camrbige Ohio called Grand Haven Resort. I will pull a key from a revolving try or something of that nature, and if I choose correctly then I get the car.

They also said I will automatically get too choose two of four prizes. One was a 27'' TV, and Trip to Vegas, or $500 cash. I dont recall the fourth.

Now this all sounds way too good to be true. I googled it, and could find no scams listed. I did find information on the resort, which seems nice and legit.

My question is has anyone had this happen to them before? I full expect to have to listen to some sort of sales pitch, but is there any thing else I should be worried about?

TIA,

Howard

*Warning* DON"T DO ITTTTT!! *Warning*

I was a sucker and was totally pissed that I wasted gas and time to end up with a cheap ass Dollar General camera and watch. Read the odds of winning and you'll see that you're pretty much guaranteed those two prizes, you don't get to 'choose', the prizes are already determined.

Looks like a timeshare ad.....

Timeshare Owner's Description:

Resort in Thane lake, Ac units.Beautiful *Grand Haven Resort* is nestled snugly in the wooded hillside of southeastern Ohio! This is *Member-Only Resort* with many activities for adults and children including indoor/outdoor swimming, fitness center, archery, shooting range, tennis, stables, golfing, and paintball arena. As part of the Cardida Resort Group, members of Grand Haven Resort enjoy access to Coast to Coast affiliates across the country. On site, members have a variety of specialized recreation options including an outdoor shooting club, pontoon and fishing boat use and an over the road camper program. Resort members also enjoy access to generous discounts on paintball, horeseback riding, rodeos, concerts and other special events at our outdoor recreational center!

There has been no mention of the car since my visit. And trust, that place is not a resort of any kind, its more like a campground site. The lounge reminded me of one of a rehab place...I gotta good laugh out of the ordeal, so if that's worth it to ya, I'd say pay em a visit.

Guest Removed

My dumbass buddie signed me up for this as well....

I'd like to punch him, i knew it was some damn ,time share thing...

suppose to be a new blazer(or $25,000 cash)? i have all the paper work here if you want to read it!

it's just some bs...i was supposed to go over this passed weekend.. i didnt!

im glad i didnt waste my time or gas!

i won the exact same thing a year ago from tuttle...i didnt get the car, but i was a finalist. i had to sit through at sales pitch and i got 1k gift certificate. i did it, didnt go for the sails pitch and got the the 1k. the catch is the gift certificate is to an online site the sells really random shit. like coocoo clocks, religous CD's and ps1 games.

the place is http://www.KEShoppinhSpree.com

The "Company" who attempted selling the time shares was Spirit Incentives.

Guest 78novaman

lol, i bet they just move the same cars from mall to mall.

I'm just surprised you haven't complaned your junk mail doesn't fit in your box anymore.

One time...I won a choice of $5000, a tractor, or a jet ski from the mall.

They called my house at like 9am and told my just woken up mother this, and she said "Not interested" and hung up.

Now, this has nothing to do with anything. But, I am still upset about it to this day, scam or not. :p