Pontiac Nats, Day 1

nurkvinny

Yea I was there freezin my ass off. When that front blew through I thought it was going to snow LOL! It went from 61 deg down to 49 :( Hey if you get a chance stop on by the Jim Head racing camp and say high I know I will spot ya!

Dan

Yea lets just hope that the rain is just hit or miss like today. But Im telling you now....if it say's cold just like today we may see some record numbers. Remember last year when Tony Shoe....went 336 here at NTR who would have known LOL can't wait!

Dan

I will be there tomorrow, working. I have to help set up the stage at the starting line before the race and after for the trophy presentation and then help clean up afterwards. I get to stand on the starting line durring the race so it should be fun. I will take pics and vids also.

I was watching Speed channel (I think) last night and it was showing the Nats. I think it was from this year. I watched it for about 15-20 minutes and twice the lights were fucked up. The racers seemed to be getting pissed.

Typical NTR..

Overall a good weekend...but hurt some parts for sure. On the 1st run on friday night we broke 6 rod's in the lights. And on the 1st run on sat. we broke 2 more :( All teams are having same problems with rods and rod bearings when a pass is made and when the foot is let off the throtle it goes bang...and shit happens. Oh well lined up against Tommy Johnson JR. staged stayed up with him till 1/2 track then dropped 2 cylinders and ran a 4.93 at 270 also took out 2 more pistons allong the way :(

Dan

That would have nothing to do about "NTR"'s lights because NHRA brings there own timing system.....nice try though!

Dan

Huh. didn't know that. I did try though :).

Well, I still don't like NTR.