Revol Cellphones

*Hollywood*

I guess the unlimited calling is good. a girl I work with has it she loves the local calling but when she went to new york for vacation a month ago and it charged her almost like 2bucks a minute if your not calling another 614 number

its a metropolitan company. go and check the coverage area before you sign up. good news is, no contract, no overages. seriously though, if you need lots of minutes for the money, and dont mind less than ideal coverage, go to t-mobile. revol will be gone in a year and a half. quote me.

i work with a guy who has one...we went to lunch at damons one day and he coudnt get service inside damons while i had full signal on my cingular/verizon (dont remember what i had at the time). we were in gahanna so its not like we were way out there

It only works in the areas you have coverage...When you leave that area...The phone is dead. There are NO roaming charges..They extend damn near to Pittsburgh though. All that's considered local calling.

f them. how much is the plan, like 45-50$/month? i have a verizon plan, free verzion to verizon, 400 anytime minutes, free nights/weekends, something like 250 text messages/mo, insurance, for 47$/month. i realize revol has unlimited calling, but for shitty coverage/service like that, i wouldnt pay any more than maybe 20$

I think it is shitty you have to pay phone insurance through verizon.....through t-mo if you phone stops working you get a free one, if you break and and have been with them for a while, you can get a new one for $25 or free

um...

no offense lj, but when i worked at t-mo, that was most definately NOT the policy. actually, the insurance company that verizon uses is the same one that t-mo uses, asurion. t-mobile, like verizon, is a network service provider, and therefore is not licensed to offer its own insurance policy, save through a third party.

if its the warranty youre speaking of, then verizon and tmobile both offer one year manufacturers warranty's at no charge to the customer. maybe you got shoddy info?

um...

no offense lj, but when i worked at t-mo, that was most definately NOT the policy. actually, the insurance company that verizon uses is the same one that t-mo uses, asurion. t-mobile, like verizon, is a network service provider, and therefore is not licensed to offer its own insurance policy, save through a third party.

if its the warranty youre speaking of, then verizon and tmobile both offer one year manufacturers warranty's at no charge to the customer. maybe you got shoddy info?

I don't pay any special charge for insurance.... anytime I have broken a phone or one went bad on me I never paid anything. They just send me a phone without a battery and i go on with life. One I had for like 2 years and they sent me a new one without a battery, then I upgraded for free about 4 weeks later....

Edit... I just thought about it and it probably has to do with the fact that I have been with T-Mobile since they were Aerial or whatever, then changed again, then went to t-mobile

threat, pm me with the account holders info, and ill look into it for you. ask anyone on here, the cr hookup is nice.

lj, that may be. usually if you have some sort of grandfathered plan, they try and get you off of that as soon as possible (read, as soon as you need something from them). it may also be that you got your phone from an agency and got some kind of agent specific insurance package that you may have paid for all at once up front. i have seen those before. either way, you seem to be in a very unique situation from my experience.