Anyone here work with Tyvek?

Science Abuse

What is a good way of bonding two sheets of it together, apart from sewing? In this aplication the seam will be constantly stressed, so a good solutiontion is what I'm hunting.

Also, anyone here work in construction, maybe get me a big scrap sheet of it? :cool:

I've worked with it quite a bit and I think I have half a roll left out in the shop but as far as bonding it together I would guess if you would use QUAD window/siding adhesive and apply a THIN layer over entire surface it would give an increadible bond - just an idea?

I've worked with it quite a bit and I think I have half a roll left out in the shop

is it 4' or 8' wide, wanna get rid of it? :)

I was thinking heat sealer, too. Also, there seems to be a tyvek tape available as well. I've been reading up on folk making home-made sails out of the stuff, and they all stitch the material. I have no sewing machine, nor do I know how to use one, and hand stitch would take an eterninty. I'll need to double and triple it up where I punch my eyelets, maybe the Tyvek tape would be best for that.

its on a 8' roll i'd have to go see how much is out there but you can have it if theres a big enough piece there for you! If i remember right i should have a 8'x12'? sheet on a roll - how much do you want??