Now hiring Mechanic!!

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, so you do need help. OK. My advise when looking for someone to hire, that when they walk in the door and ask if you need help and you basically ignore him and say "We do?" instead you take that person seriously. Maybe you looked at him and thought he was an oil changer or something, I don't know, but if you did you were dead wrong. You lost a great potential employee by being tards. He is less than 1 year from being master certified Lexus Mechanic and is very good not to mention a long term member on the board here, longer than me. Very well known by most of the Admins here also. He was just looking for part time work to help out. Gook Luck.

First off, I apologies for any miss communication that my have incurred.

Yes, we are looking to hire a full time mechanic. Capable of engine swaps, turbo installs, installation of various performance parts, electrical wiring, troubleshooting, etc.

At this point I assume we have no chance, but if he would like to send us a resume, we would like to review it.

Again sorry for the miss communication, things get very crazy around here and unfortunately created this incident.

Joshua

SlowMotion Motorsports

First off, I apologies for any miss communication that my have incurred.

Yes, we are looking to hire a full time mechanic. Capable of engine swaps, turbo installs, installation of various performance parts, electrical wiring, troubleshooting, etc.

At this point I assume we have no chance, but if he would like to send us a resume, we would like to review it.

Again sorry for the miss communication, things get very crazy around here and unfortunately created this incident.

Joshua

SlowMotion Motorsports

Josh -

I am ther person that SpaceGhost is refering to. At the time of my visit, the shop was seemingly very slow. People surfing the internet and whatnot. John Shroeck called Corey and told him I was coming down to talk about employment. You can speak to John about me and my skill if you would like. No hard feelings for the above, but I wasnt very impressed my the treatment I received. If this position has not been filled yet, I will send my resume to you tonight. I must make sure that you understand I am in no way leaving my full time job at Lexus, but am willing to work on my days off from here and somenights after work if need be. All of this can be elaborated upon if need be. I can furnish most all tools needed, unless the shop has their own. I cannot store them there full time, but i can bring them with me. I have more than 5 years total mechanic experience, with more than 2 years of behind the counter customer service and selling in a dealership environment. I am ASE master certified, Lexus/Toyota Senior certified, and still have current Ford certifications that I lost the paperwork for. I have built my own single turbo RX7 that entailed much fabrication and design. I have installed standalone EMS systems, and dabbled in tuning. I deal with electrical troublshooting everyday of my life, as well as mechanical work, and interior trim work, etc. Here at Lexus, our customers are very demanding about time managment, cleanliness, and quality of work. I would have to say that a luxury delaership technician is more the type of person you are looking for. Feel free to call me on my cell phone for more information. 614-507-3856.

I look forward to speaking to you.

Joe

Joe,

Thank you for understanding. I know we are looking to hire a full-time mechanic, but please send me your resume and I will pass it along to Corey.

I agree with the dealership quality personnel. I was in sales for a year and then training and internet sales manager for 3 years at Byers Volvo. That's part of the reason Corey asked me to come out of retirement to take this position.

Again I apologies for any miss communication that my have incurred.

Thank you,

Joshua

SlowMotion Motorsports