270 Crackdown

Kevin R.

I guess most of us heard it was coming, but driving from Canal Winchester to Easton today, I saw a total of 24 seperate vehicles pulled over my CPD. I actually saw 6 practically next to eachother within 1/2 a mile. I think there were actually more officers on the road today than citizens. :p

So, I guess, don't speed. :)

Thought I would share.

They said on the radio today there will be sobriety checkpoints around town with them being focused in the "NE" region of Franklin county. Also we've all heard about the new patrols recently added to the Easton region of 270 so watch out!! I saw 2 brand new motorcycle cops out there today.

In my best Richard Karn voice:

"What are the odds of added patrols helping reduce the number of flaming assholes on the highways? You said 'good.' SURVEY SAYS????"

***** BUZZZZZZZZZ *****

Honestly, I'm all for going a faster, but when everyone is doing 70, having someone come whipping by at 85 is a recipie for disaster. That's why (in many places, at least) the 55mph limit for trucks has been scrapped. The speed difference between them and autos was a greater danger than letting them go faster in the first place. And in other news, if our freshly minted officer would like to pick up an easy ticket or two a day, just hang out at the northeast corner of Hard and Sawmill, in the drive to Max & Erma's. There's a 'No left turn' sign there that's active during the evening rush hour, and I can't begin to count the number of times I've missed the light because some nutsucker was holding up the entire line of cars trying to make a left there.

I counted 9 cop cars in the median between Georgesville Rd and Alum Creek Dr. Probably about that many again sitting behind speeders on the shoulder too. There was a cop actually sitting on the ramp from 270 north to 70 east radaring cars!

What time? Me and my wife and AMYBAD98 and zuht were all going threw there and seen not a one from MAIN to Grove City. But earlier in the day i seen a tropper lasering in the spot between broad and gville.. Fired at me twice :(

Honestly, I'm all for going a faster, but when everyone is doing 70, having someone come whipping by at 85 is a recipie for disaster.

Going 15 mph faster than someone else is hardly "whipping by" , thats more like a gradual pass.....

Going 15 mph faster than someone else is hardly "whipping by" , thats more like a gradual pass.....

When you're already cruising 70+, anything faster seems to fly by (at least to my non-NASCAR eyes), especially with the way some of these nutters weave. This ain't the Montanabahn.

im all for doing 85-90 on the highway traffic moves way better. i do agree about the idiots who weave in and out period thats what causes accidents that and cutting in front of you and not even using a signal.

speed doesnt kill people...... idiots do..

• 2 weeks later...
well it finally happened .... my wife got nailed on 270 in dublin by dublin.89 in a 65 and a 160.00 ticket talk about lucky she was in my gtp ... she was mad...she usually drives her accord and drives 80+ and never gets busted she drives the gtp for 2 days and boom..... gets busted. i bet i know what car shes driving tomorrow.

well it finally happened .... my wife got nailed on 270 in dublin by dublin.89 in a 65 and a 160.00 ticket talk about lucky she was in my gtp ... she was mad...she usually drives her accord and drives 80+ and never gets busted she drives the gtp for 2 days and boom..... gets busted. i bet i know what car shes driving tomorrow.

what time did this happen?

i totally think i saw her get pulled over. did they pull a mutang over with her?

+1

btw, texas raised their speed limit to 80mph, ftw!

And I just moved from there... :(

Still, moving here from there I can say the speed limits here seem ridiculously slow. Everywhere from sidestreets the highways and it's way more crowded in the big cities and outskirts of them there.

Speeding through Dublin is like hanging fresh meat from your neck and dancing around in a tiger cage.

i have never had a problem and she said she was in the middle of the pack and they nailed her... she said if i was in her accord they would have never nailed her....... and i honestly do believe that.... but shit happens and shes driving slower too.

WTF!!!!!!!!! you a cop or something? why would you worry about the color of the cars?

Certain colors tend to be noticed and/or pulled over more often. I'm assuming that's why he asked. Unless you're being sarcastic, then nevermind. ;)

I believe their exact words were "aggressive driving" to include speeding.

If I filmed my driving my truck you guys would be appalled at what I have to put up with, you havn't seen swerving yet until you've driven a truck.

How about they work on curbing the excessive swerving? Please?? That's a hell of a lot more dangerous than the speed.

i completly agree i have taught my wife to stay in 1 lane then gradually get over before your exit... i must say she does a good job at that..........achilles my bro drives a tanker full of gasoline and idiots will swerve right in front of him and slam on the breaks................. what dumb asses!!!!!!

The real problem is 99.99% of all Americans do NOT know how to drive; have no lane discipline; and are too busy doing either their makeup, making a phone call, looking for something in the car, or eating. It's a car! DRIVE IT! DO whatever else you need to do BEFORE OR AFTER!!!

If Americans could drive like Germans we could have either 90mph speed limits or unlimited in some areas. I can tell you right now that in my Murciélago at 120 I am more alert and still able to make emergency manuevers and correct for other driver's mistakes due to sheer focus and ability (as well as the car's) than 99% of drivers at 75. It's insane the morons that they give licenses to!