HELP!!!!!!!! tranny?? caliper???

Alright heres whats wrong. Me and Alex were out picking up some fence for his yard, and I noticed my truck felt like the tranny was slipping a bit. So I get back and the fluid was low so I added. Then yesterday I start driving it and get it on the freeway and it felt like I was dragging something, no power. So I think tranny going out. I get it home and go into the house. I come back out a few minutes later and the front wheel is smoking bad. I didnt see anything coming from the tranny necessarily but it looked like it was coming from the front rim. I may have put to much tranny fluid in, but would it come out of somewhere and be burning off? This morning I raise it and spin the turn and it spun freely. I thought maybe the caliper had locked up, again this is 24 hours later. But it spun with a little sound of grinding. So what should I check or what could it be?

Truck is a 92 GMC 2500 2wd

IIRC, there was a problem with the front brake lines crimping themselves shut on those trucks. May have only been the 4WD version though.

Also, if it got that hot, take the whole hub apart, and check the bearings, ect. New rotor and caliper, hell, they should be relatively cheap.

Update Myself, Alex and, Rob(BLAZIN), took the front wheel apart and cleaned everything. Repacked the bearings and checked the caliper. Test drove it and evrything appears fine. We'll see how things go. My only question is what could have made it feel like I was really dragging something. It wanted to stop on the freeway. The grease was runny and really grimy. But could a longer drive on a hot day heat up the caliber enough to seize and then break loose after it cools down?

Sounds like a break problem to me. Yes those trucks have a break line problem. You might even just replace the rubber lines coming from the calipers just so you have new ones. You'll probably notice the breaks working better from it anyway. I doubt you have a trans problem, but if you think you overfilled it you better drain it to the proper amount. Transmissions don't like having to much fluid in them and the level can only truely be tested by driving the truck through all gears until warm and then stopping, leave the truck running and check the dipstick.

Evan