might be time to go shopping

Orion

Might be a long shot but have you looked at 2002+ Infiniti Q45's? Granted its not a sports car but with 340hp it wont be a slug and they may not handle as well but for a car that big they should hold thier own. Just something to think about but I think your going to be happy with a GTO.

Here is a Q45

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-INFINITI-Q45-NAVIGATION-1-OWNER-WARRANTY-CLEAN_W0QQitemZ4640828702QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6264QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say look at an '05+ Legacy GT Limited!

Full leather, AWD, 5MT or 5EAT with sportshift, Turbo 2.5, Seat heaters, moonroof, Windshield Wiper De-Icers, 6 disk changer, fairly conservative but sophisticated styling, Electroluminescent gauges, CHEAP MAINTENENCE (this is what finalized my selection of this over a B5 S4 or other VAGs or German vehicles)

Every time I get out of the car I leave with a smile, its been this way since day 1 and I came from a 540i sport! And you already now how fun the AWD is in Ohio weather!

but then again I am a little biased :D ... If you want to drive mine for a little while I wouldn't mind! I gave my cousin mine for a week and when he gave it back he terminated his lease and bought a silver one! He's never been happier with a car in his life!

Mazdaspeed6 = teh lose, Legacy GT > Mazdaspeed6

I believe it was R&T that did the test of AWD sport sedans. The response on the Mazdaspeed forums was hilarious when the 6 got scored below perfect. "They didn't put ice on the intercoolers! Subaru sent a factory freak!"

E36 M3 if you can find one in as good condition as my dad's.

The LGT and Mazda are not in those price ranges he specified.

He HAD a WRX, just sold ( response to s13).

It doesn't have to be new... or even if it is new you can easily get a Legacy GT for that much be it a left over from 06/05, certified used etc. etc. When I bought mine in 04 I locked it in at 24,500 and thats for a well equipped Limited with 5MT, spoiler, PEG 1, Momo shift knob, and wheel locks.

the legacy gt is out. i freakin love that car, but i just sold my wrx. if i recall correctly, the gt is the 2.5 mated to the same 5 speed that in the wrx. that 5 speed is only thing keeping the wrx from massive power gains. i wouldnt mind having a gt for a daily, but it wont be my fun car, and what im looking for is a car that does both.

the legacy gt is out. i freakin love that car, but i just sold my wrx. if i recall correctly, the gt is the 2.5 mated to the same 5 speed that in the wrx. that 5 speed is only thing keeping the wrx from massive power gains. i wouldnt mind having a gt for a daily, but it wont be my fun car, and what im looking for is a car that does both.

hehe, have you been in a Stage II LGT?

nathan plans to do that to his car. and full exhaust, brakes and what not..

fast fast fast. I think the new 2007 lgt's are getting the 6 speed STI tranny.

eric, i heard you. the 850's are cool cars man, but i dont think theyre for me. a one off v12 has got to be expensive to maintain and modify. remember, this is going to be my daily, as well as my fun car.

oooohh yeah, lots of $5000 parts. ;) It's not a one off engine, but it isn't all that common. Actualy, the bimmer V12s seem to be on ebay all the time, none have gone for too much. Its the other stuff that kills you, computers, the auto trannies, etc. Get a 6 speed and you'll love life. ;)

DD = get an old benze. ftw

It actually has a heavy duty reinforced version of the transmission that they are using on the new (06+) wrxs. This supposedly works pretty well as some of the tuners like PDXTuning have yet to snap it at 442 WHP and 421 WTQ. check out http://www.legacygt.com for more info on it

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34991

Is the Legacy out because its not a fun car or because you don't want another Subie?

edit: what are your power goals?

i'd probably stay away from the MB AMG's...for that price range they are likely gonna have more than average miles, and maitenance is not cheap on these cars. my C32 has had it's share of problems since i got it, but luckily mine is still under warranty.

for a 'fun' factor..i still miss my S4, it was a 6-speed so that made a huge difference in enjoyment, the AMG is ok, more of a 'pimp' ride than a fun one. although the AMG is faster =)

trust me, it has NOTHING to do with not wanting another subie. i can almost promise that ill have another subie at some point, i loved mine. and itll probably be a legacy gt, when i want a quick dd.

i dont have any set power goals, suffice to say, i dont think ill be able to do what i want in a legacy gt, or id be looking more seriously at them.

the benzo's are out. i keep hearing bad things, so no benz for me. thank to andy, i drove an e36 the other day, and i was impressed. if the gto doesnt totally blow me away, ill be seriously considering the bmw.

right now, i am the epitome of frustrated at ignorant ass car salespeople. how many times over the phone do i need to reiterate that i will only purchase a manual? apparently, one more than i did, because if id have wanted an automatic, i would have told your ass that i was ok with closing my store early, and therefore losing money, to drive my happy ass out to the west side to test drive the auto that you told me was a stick. morons.

trust me, it has NOTHING to do with not wanting another subie. i can almost promise that ill have another subie at some point, i loved mine. and itll probably be a legacy gt, when i want a quick dd.

i dont have any set power goals, suffice to say, i dont think ill be able to do what i want in a legacy gt, or id be looking more seriously at them.

the benzo's are out. i keep hearing bad things, so no benz for me. thank to andy, i drove an e36 the other day, and i was impressed. if the gto doesnt totally blow me away, ill be seriously considering the bmw.

right now, i am the epitome of frustrated at ignorant ass car salespeople. how many times over the phone do i need to reiterate that i will only purchase a manual? apparently, one more than i did, because if id have wanted an automatic, i would have told your ass that i was ok with closing my store early, and therefore losing money, to drive my happy ass out to the west side to test drive the auto that you told me was a stick. morons.

In all honesty, you might be better off looking for one outside of the Columbus metro area, I haven't heard anything good about any of the Pontiac dealers in the metro area

pre-92 benz's ftw DJ, they dont die. :) Get yourself a healthy 450 SEL 6.9. Lotsa motor. :)

http://www.cobrateam.ch/images/benz11.jpg

That looks like something my grandpa would buy if he was european

m3 coupe.

If you are set on that then I would recommend trying to find a low mileage '95 one; the OBDI system responds a whole lot better to simple boltons than the OBDII. Just be careful not to put it into drive through car washes as some of them have problems with ECU flooding! active autowerke has some nice stuff for that car that you should look into :)

edit: also, although the Vader style seats are nice, they are not comfortable at all for long drives, ask 10xworse about that one!

Racing

LS1 + spray F-Body

STI + new turbo

Pimpin Dem Hoes

SRT-8

SRT-6 ( Kinda gay looking but its a fucking quick)

BMW M3 (Yes some of the olderones )

well he already said he doesn't want a f-fody os scratch that

he just sold is WXR so scratch that

srt-8 are 40 large so scratch that

srt-6 is auto only so scratch that

BWM M3 sound like a great ride but to get it his price range its gonna be older and have a good bit of miles.

DJ if your willing to drive a bit I can have my brother find you a gto m-6 he works in at a dealership up in Willard (1.5 hrs away roughly). He won't bullshit with you and will be able to get the car for ya.

Also have you checked out carmax up on sawmill they (per there site) can get any car in if they don't have it there.

I saw Natasha (quicksilver) car at Coughlins in Circleville today. It is sitting on the Ford side by the road. Look pretty clean what she trade it in for? CJ

2006 GTO (Spice Red Metallic) :)

http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/3055/front6pf.th.jpg

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/5311/rear7gz.th.jpg