93 Camaro VS 2000 Camaro SS

thorne

ok I test drove the SS last night . the 93 seems like it had a wierd tick to it.

Its Supercharger with a powerdyne. This bothers me alot because i don't know the history of the car also the Rear tires were damn near completely bald. I am having my mechanic do a leakdown test and a pressure test.

the SS actualy felt odd like it was bogging really really bad,

It did have flowmaster and a upgraded clutch.

But it seemed like with the bald rears and desent fronts that someone may not have take care of it right. .

But. I did like the car but i think im gonna pass on it . I talked to anthony he said that supercharger is a ticking timb bomb :\

BTW I'm keeping the monte

this all as inspired by letting m wife take it now she wants it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as for the monte. I just don't like the tq steer. I mean I will keep upgrading it. It has hell tq right now down low. but above 65 i get pwned on..

yes there are faster cars then it. I am not debating nor deny that.

I know my numbers

241/315

Wife just wants it :)

Thorne, re-type your post. Which car was SC'ed? Which car needed new tires? The 93 was ticking?

I don't think there is anything wrong with a powerdyne blower. They're certainly the cheapest of the centri blowers. They're belt driven internally instead of using a gear drive, so it may need a belt replacement every once in a while. That hardly makes it a ticking time bomb.

Powerdynes are pieces of shit and the most worthless supercharger kit for our cars.

I told him if he buys the car, to sell the setup.

So, how reliable has your Procharger setup been?

Edit: and sure, they may be less efficient, but I would take a Powerdyne over no blower at all.

Thorne, how much boost is running through the SS? I would do the leak-down test like you said. If it's not making any funny noises, I'd go with that. I don't think i would even consider the 93.

The 00 Camaro SS is S/C'D the tires are melted.

The 93 Camaro had the TICK and they asking 8g there.

Hey, you told me to check Haydocy on the west side for the 93. I went out and checked there, they had a 94 z28, manual w/ 158k on it, and they are only asking $4k. So where is this 93 for 8g's? Is it like mint or something? lol.

Sorry to invade on the post, but is that a good price for the 94? Sure its got a shit ton of miles, but what could I offer the dealership, in cash, cash talks as we all know. I'd like an ls1 but I don't want to spend that much, lt1 it'll have to be. I might buy tomorrow.

Guest FooFooMaru
Sorry to invade on the post, but is that a good price for the 94? Sure its got a shit ton of miles, but what could I offer the dealership, in cash, cash talks as we all know. I'd like an ls1 but I don't want to spend that much, lt1 it'll have to be. I might buy tomorrow.

I got my 94 Z for 6g and it had 72,xxx miles and now has 83,xxx and i've had it 2+ years. So 4g.....meh, if everything is still fine maybe but still seems a bit too high......only a bit. Mid 3g sounds better.

I got my 94 Z for 6g and it had 72,xxx miles and now has 83,xxx and i've had it 2+ years. So 4g.....meh, if everything is still fine maybe but still seems a bit too high......only a bit. Mid 3g sounds better.

Thanks, I was thinking about offering the $2500 cash + ttl, we'll see what they say. 160k+ miles scares me though.

Man. Dealer tells me sure you can take it friday evening to your mechanic to get it checked out. Then i go back in Sales manager tells me i can't take it because i would need to hold it over night because they closed soon. (its 5pmish friday) Tells me to come back in the morning. I go back in the cars gone sold.

I think they had something to hide. When I test drove it the thing had piss poor power . i relize powerdyne sucks but it felt slow for a ls1. I thought it had a blown head gasket because it was running really funny. Then again it could have just been a bad tune for the blower.

Anyways . Anthony found me a Trans Am. Going to look at it tommrow night

I shall know more. Doing credit stuff now. ( Bad credit from divorce sucks) If all goes well and they don't come back with some gay payment i will get it tommrow but who knows might not be able to get me the loan

I shall know more. Doing credit stuff now. ( Bad credit from divorce sucks) If all goes well and they don't come back with some gay payment i will get it tommrow but who knows might not be able to get me the loan

Hey, I'm not sure who your trying to get approved through, but try and go through a credit union, they are more friendly/work more to help customers, plus they can give better rates sometimes too. I got a great used car rate from Telhio, I've always been happy with their service as well.

P.S. If you get the Ls1 I want a ride, and maybe a drive. ;) I've been thinking about one.