Curious about some work that needs done.

Guest The-Monochrome

Guest The-Monochrome

Okay, so here's the nitty gritty on what I need done. Not sure where to ask it, so if this is the wrong place, someone can move it to the correct area.

Here's the deal. On my last trip back from NY, about 3 days ago, my car's transmission started feeling weak (Slipping in gear, gaining engine speed at lower speeds for no reason, then dropping). It's a '93 Civic 4 door, which is my beater, but right now, I can't have something seriously bad happen to it.

The car, transmission, and engine, have a bit over 270K miles. It's been maintained since new, and I even have the dealer sticker.

Basically, I need to know a few places in/around the general Metro Columbus area to get some repairs done. From the symptoms, it seems like it's probably the clutch getting to the end of it's life, so I'm pretty willing to spend a few bucks to keep the car moving, especially if it's a clutch.

More over, I'm really just looking for quotes and shops at this moment, due to the fact that the person who put the extra strain on the car (1000lbs of food, luggage... 300lbs of passenger weight) is who will end up paying for it.

It's a fairly basic Honda. Generic D15 SOHC engine, five speed O/D transmission, etc... No real modifications. It's simply a daily driver, so naturally I need it fixed soon.

Any help here?

Guest The-Monochrome
Not familiar hondas is it a stick? if so sounds like the clutch is slipping. CJ

Yes it is. Actually, it's been also having a lot of trouble getting into the gear on the shifter, as well. So I'm pretty much just trying to find someplace that has a good price on replacing it.

I was told by a friend of mine, who is also on CR, Rolla or Buckeye are good...

More over, I'm really just looking for quotes and shops at this moment, due to the fact that the person who put the extra strain on the car (1000lbs of food, luggage... 300lbs of passenger weight) is who will end up paying for it.

So wait, the car has 270K and you're trying to blame someone else for this problem?

Guest The-Monochrome
Yep. cause he's 300 lbs and put some extra things to haul. Brilliant!

Uh... There were two passengers, both around 150lbs.

And the reason the car was overloaded was because my *very generous* father gave me (Way too much) food. But nice try.