Dr. Z06 vs. Coltboostin: The Race That Never Happened

Dr. Pomade

Now with the Colt's demise, our race will never happen. That's unfortunate, since it was sure to be a good race, and so much e-battling history had went into it. For a little trip down memory lane, here's the thread where it really got started:

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19726&page=6&pp=25

It's a long ass thread, which was originally started by Da Troof to flame Thorne. Around page five, Coltboostin and I get into it. A few pages of quality flaming follow, which then culiminated into the "call out" by Jamie:

Dr. Z06,

Since you enjoyed bragging about your w2 to all the kiddies, then I am sure you won't be scared to put a tiny amount of that money up for a little wager. I'll bet you $1,000 you'll get your ass handed to you from a 60-160 roll by Colt. My only request is that we each write a 10% check this week to Sam to lock in our bet. If either car is a no show, then one of us won some easy gas money. Oh yea, and I get a picture of the loser bowing down to the other car.

To that, here was my response:

Done deal.

I just signed the check for $100 - the down deposit for the race - to Sam. PM if you need his last name; you know, for the purposes of ensuring you make out the check to the correct person.

Terms are me versus Colt, 60-160. Colt in his car, me in mine. Of course, since you knew my car was down, you're anticipating that this race will happen when my car is back in running order. That shouldn't be too long from now.

Be sure to tell Colt to invest in some knee pads though - I don't want him scraping himself on the concrete when he's bowing down before the Z06. ;)

Some have asked about the $100 "deposit" and whether that now goes to me. No. The plan is to simply rip up the checks. I think that is the fair thing to do, considering the circumstances.

So, "D-Day" won't happen, at least not for a while. Given all that's went into it, I thought it befitting to start a thread - in The Kitchen no less - to honor the memory of the Colt and the race that never happened.

I think its pretty classy of you man. Its nice to see the mutual respect we have for one another.

I still remember him pulling up to the hotel at the shootout and coolant just pouring out of the car, later he yanked it out and fixed it with jb weld. The next day he was at the track hot lapping it :) The little pos was a beast though, I wish the race would have happened.

It's too bad Colt Boy had to wreck his car. Him not willing to disclose the details of the wreck says to me he was being stupid and streetracing. It's a shame, that was a fast ass car and I hope the motor has survived to be able to put in another car so that maybe D-day can happen after all!

Just FYI the checks were made out to me, I will determine if they get ripped up or cashed.......kekekekekekekekekegay.

Seriously I will burn them in the fireplace as I lay next to a vanity bunny.

you better feed the bunny the checks it she looks like this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/nol/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/06/entertainment_enl_1138969867/img/1.jpg

Yeah, who knows, maybe Colt will get another project together soon and we can begin the e-battling anew. That, or still plan a get-together with the guys up north and still have something of a D-Day. I'm sure they'd bring down plenty of race-worthy cars. Yet, it won't be the same without that Colt.

Clark, progress is being made. I'm hoping it won't be too much longer now. :)

John,

Although I obviously never anticipated this happening, you have every right to keep my money. So absolutely no hard feelings if you change your mind. I called you out, so it's your call....or if you want to keep the lock-in cash and work a race out between the two of us, I'm cool with that as well.

As for still getting a group of us together, we're still planning on it. As soon as you guys are ready, let me know.

Stay safe :)

No D Day sucks!, Damn woulda been a hell of a race. The Damn eBattling that went on made it seem as if biggie smallz and elvis presley was gonna watch the damn race!

At least he's ok from the mishap.

I'm sure another Quick car will chime in from up north to ask for the crown of 270.......

Argh! It's like being a kid and you were told you were going to an amusement park with an awesome ride the next day... and then showing up and finding out that the best ride they have takes a damn quarter... :(

Seriously though, doing stupid shit or not, I'm supposing he's ok and it's good everyone's still being civil.

John,

Although I obviously never anticipated this happening, you have every right to keep my money. So absolutely no hard feelings if you change your mind. I called you out, so it's your call....or if you want to keep the lock-in cash and work a race out between the two of us, I'm cool with that as well.

As for still getting a group of us together, we're still planning on it. As soon as you guys are ready, let me know.

Stay safe :)

Nope, the checks have already been destroyed. ;) Besides, we both know the spirit of that $100 "deposit" wasn't meant to cover things like accidents. No, it was to be a stand-up race; since we can't have that race, then it just makes sense to call it even and start over.

I think its pretty classy of you man. Its nice to see the mutual respect we have for one another.

I still remember him pulling up to the hotel at the shootout and coolant just pouring out of the car, later he yanked it out and fixed it with jb weld. The next day he was at the track hot lapping it :) The little pos was a beast though, I wish the race would have happened.

You remember that? lol, thats was a good night. :)

I to wish we could have raced. It would have been a close race, and the crowd that was going ot come with would have made all the racing that night very interesting. It may have been the highlight of the summer, but circimstance pwns me.

Dr and I have spoke about the deposit, and we came to the said agreement.

Achilles, I can garuntee I was not racing anyone at the time.

:lol:

He is actually a really cool guy. I met him through a good freind that raced go carts. Those little things are a load of fun, feels like your going 100mph when your doing 40.