Pewter C5 Vette

SpaceGhost

I was shown what a magnificent piece of machinery that this Pewter C5 with Black rims and chrome lips was this morning. He dropped a few gears getting on 161 west from 270 North. Although it is not the best place to do that, I thank you for showing me. That fucking thing is FAST! :eek: I was on my POS liter Bike from 1987. And I know for a fact I could NOT take that car from a dig. It had no traction issues and was gone in an instant. I couldn't hear a blower or turbos over the engine roar. If anybody knows this car tell him I said nice ride. And I would like to know what is done to it. His license plate was "RU 18 YET". Holy shit that motor sounded fucking great. :thumbup:

I couldn't hear a blower or turbos over the engine roar. :thumbup:
Thats unny^^ some V-8 guys take that as a insult...lol I take that as a compliment.. makes you want to jump ship right? ;) its crazy that you can get a 02 Z06 for just about 25 grand thats down right scary!!! :eek:

I had a similar encounter when I had my first car 95 ford taurus SHO I thought I was the fastest thing on the road a LT1 trans-am pretty much changed my thinking process after he literally ran circles around me! thats what started my love for firebirds!

Firebird = V-6 low spoiler

W68 package adds ground effects 3.42 gears posi better suspension tighter steering wheel ratio <-- hope that makes sense

========================================================

trans-am diff front fascia raised spolier and the all important V-8 Trans-Am lettering and badges

Formula V-6 body with a V-8 engine. formula lettering and badges

WS6 package adds ram-air hood better suspension diff wheels

Firehawk is just a attempt for GM to charge you more money for a different badge on the same car..lol no but for real its bascially a WS6 with a different hood and firehawk badges and is rated at 345Hp LS1 (98-02) models but has the same engine as a T/a and formy but has a better flowing exhaust and you could either get and Firehawk T/A raised spoiler or Firehawk Formy low spoiler or a special firehawk spoiler but that may be aftermarket

Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

Yup, that was me. But hell, I wasn't even getting on it that hard, he told not to beat up on it; that on-ramp sucks every morning, and you either have to be agressive getting on, or you'll be stuck waiting for traffic. I do recall seeing that bike though.

Rims aren't black though; just standard C5 Z06 rims w/ some 295's out back.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b308/TimbrSS/DSC03089.jpg

No power adders.

Well cool, at least some people know about the car. It seemed so quick to me. Sounded great. I would like to know what is done to it? I like the color, sorry about the wheels, I only saw them spinning for like .4 seconds and then the car was gone. LOL

Tim posts on here from time to time, so if he wants to share, he will. I'm only going to say it's not stock, all motor, and can run 92 octane all day long. From the visuals on the outside, it's lowered w/ Z06 rims, GHL catback, !BSM's, slotted rotors w/ Hawk pads (anyone have a trick on making these pads NOT squeak; the spray stuff doesn't do shit). I'm silent on the deal beyond that.

Bill, the problem was so freaking stupid. On the Vette shifters (his has a C6 shifter in it, soon to be swapped out for something better), the mounting holes for the assembly are slotted, so the linkage can be adjusted. Well, he slammed 2nd so hard on the 1-2 shift, that it pulled the whole assembly back. This caused the car not to go into 1st/3rd/5th without slamming it in there. This is due to the previous owner not torquing down the bolts enough. Pulled the console off, put it back where it was supposed to be, and all fixed. I fixed where the previous owner cracked the shifter boot while we were in there...I'm just glad someone that knows a lot about cars owns it now, as it needed some TLC (which luckily everything is taken care of now).

Hawk pads (anyone have a trick on making these pads NOT squeak; the spray stuff doesn't do shit).

SLAM on the brakes every once in awhile. That helps a little bit. Other than that, they're Hi-Po brakes and ARE going to squeak...no other way around it. My stock pads on my car squeak like crazy. I feel like a douche driving in a nice place with a bunch of people around only to have my car squeak like a whore's bed.