FWD drag help

undr_psi

last weekend at larue i ran my talon tsi fwd for the first time...330 ft and on were ok but reaction times and 60ft were shit i tried droping my tire pressure to 20psi but traction was still an issue...to poor for slicks at the moment so im running my street tires

looking for some advice..my friends cavi ran 1/10 slower then me and i know my turbo car is faster then that.. i need redmption..please help..

15.74@93.22mph 14psi of boost

15.74@93.22mph 14psi of boost

:shock: What mods do you have besides more boost? What are you launching at? Just try slipping the clutch and easing into the throttle, fwd is all about throttle control, it takes practice, a lot of it. Try holding the revs at like 2k and slipping the clutch, I play with it sometimes, like go back and forth real quick if I feel its out too much. Also, just because you let the clutch out all the way doesn't mean you have to punch it, don't back off enough to bog, but like I said, play with it. Just practice man, and get some good tires. When do you start building boost? Also, don't take the car to redline, more than likely peak power is 500-1000rpm under redline, and you just lose power by taking it higher.

i figured youd have somthing smartass to say ben! :nutkick: haha

mods

91 tsi Fwd manny

no cat stock piping hiflow muffler

3in ss downpipe

stock 14b w/hallmen MBC @ 14 psi

green filter w/ removed airbox

yea practice. my 95 gst on dunlop street tires. 2.12 60 ft and 14.488 at 98 all completly stock. and dont wind it way out try shifting about 6000 rpm in each gear. on a good pass you should get into 4th just barley. rember tq moves the car and we dont have a lot of it.

Guest Removed

In my integra, 1.91 to 1.95, leaving off the two-step at 4500rpm, no spray till 2nd gear! 22 to 25 psi on 205/65/15 falken tires...leaving on the spray netted 2.0 to 2.1 60 foots!

my car was lowered 2" in front, 3/4 rear, car would level out when it left, NO wheel hop issues!

I feel your Pain. Its hard to launch FWD cars they want to hot or spin. I know my car ran 14.4 with 2.3's

before i modded it i ran 2.1's so ehhh i got some more powe rleft in it but i cant drive it well enough, With you ET you should be high 14's

• 1 month later...
Guest 1sweet3.4
your trap speed is on par for mid to high 14s. you have to slip a little with the clutch and practice practice practice. the vht most tracks put down willhelp you more than screwing over your tire pressures. peak power for mostly stock 4g63s seems to be 6krpm. also, take out the spare tire, jack and anything else not bolted down (and some stuff that is). 100 lbs weight loss is better than most other things. also, your r/t is something that isn't all that important. the timer for the important stuff only starts when your tires break the starting line, so let the other person go first, don't try to jump on the light. for now you are learning to launch, do one thing at a time. let the other person pounce on the lights, just focus on a 2500 rpm clutch slip that will give you just enough spin to not bog. our cars seem to spool at faster rpms with a mbc, so where the 14b would start pulling at 2k, take that into account.

Guest 1sweet3.4
lol. a dsm running right. that's like an rx7 running right. just not something that's going to happen for us. but it's the quirkyness of driving our cars that make them so cool. and makes us mechanics. lol

Ryan, you still have that time slip?? I'd like to compare mine to yours. Last weekend I was able to get the Laser on the track for the first time, so mind I had no practice at launching it and havn't been to a 1/4 track in 2 years.

r/t .351

60' 2.524

330 7.096

1/8 10.831@64.56

1000 14.050

1/4 16.755@82.94

More so I just want to compare 60', the 300, and 1/8 as after that your times will be much faster than mine. With a couple passes I think the Laser is good for a 16.5 or so, not bad for an n/a dsm.