The Formula: Good/Bad

MrMeanGreen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn man. Well, I'm shopping around currently checking the market prices for a swap due to my work schedule for the next month. But, if say you and I and another person or two can do it in weekend (plus I feel comfortable this time around since I just did it), it'll probably make more sense to go that route...

That's this winter. Mmmmm, forged and ceramic coated :D

It's the $1100 rods I'm saving for :o

If you had an L67, you could use a stock bottom end.

http://www.excellgtp.com/pics/l67umoms.gif

When you shatter a piston :slap:

I don't recall ever shattering a piston...

You blow motors if you are stupid and don't know what you are doing. That's the case for any engine across any platform.

Better than "The Terroristic Bastard" :D

Update on my situation.

The gaskets popped because the mail-order tune wasn't everything it was cracked up to be. The tuner seemed knowledgable, which I think he is, but the other cars he tuned he did in-house, and not mail order. I only asked him to get my car running and drivable, and took it upon myself to get stupid and go WOT. But there are some questionable changes he made to my file, which is what led to me going extremely lean at WOT and letting the gaskets go.

Better them than my bottom end. The engine is fine, and the car has a date with Indy in three weeks. That's the goal :)

Update on my situation.

The gaskets popped because the mail-order tune wasn't everything it was cracked up to be. The tuner seemed knowledgable, which I think he is, but the other cars he tuned he did in-house, and not mail order. I only asked him to get my car running and drivable, and took it upon myself to get stupid and go WOT. But there are some questionable changes he made to my file, which is what led to me going extremely lean at WOT and letting the gaskets go.

Better them than my bottom end. The engine is fine, and the car has a date with Indy in three weeks. That's the goal :)

See, a stock gasket ain't so bad in these situations. ;)

Chris- the "you" was meant as a general term, not you, as in yourself. The 3800 has a decent bottom end, but it's no where near bullet proof outside of controlled conditions.

Many educated people blow engines, how do you think anything is improved? You are only stupid if you don't learn anything to correct the problem. Thats where two of the 3800 vendors differ ;) They both have taken out motors, though.

I think I am some what knowledgable when it comes to my car. I know its limits, but I did to blow the engine. The only reason I did was because I went to heavy on the spray with the head and cam combo and the stock bottom end didnt like the amount I pushed through it at the time. I put a pretty big hole in my piston when it went. I was pissed at the time but now I will love the new combo that much more. I will make the same amount n/a as I did on spray with the head and cam combo. When I was on the old setup I knew I couldnt push the car to far but I had to win this race so I said fuck it, if it pops it pops... :cool:

soooo why did you push your car so hard, was the person you were racing kicking your ass?? ;)

Let me give you the run down on the race. We lined up for a race that I thought was goin to be a n/a race, I run n/a while the other guy sprays his car and proceeds to walk me. So I was like fuck this, reach back and crank the bottle open. Line up again and spray the car and pull a car or so on him and then go to 5th gear while still spraying which was a bad idea but he wasnt letting nor was I , I see a ton of smoke coming out the exhaust. Pull over, coolant is pouring out between the head and the block, oil all over the rear of my car, so I drove it home. Got it home, tore it apart to find a hole about the size of a quarter in #2 piston... :o

Update on my situation.

I warned you when I put that file in your car, not to go WOT cause we had no idea what the A/F would be. At least it was only the head gaskets like you said.

Stop getting so impatient with your car... :)