sometimes, the people on this board rock...

Orion

I'm glad I was able to help DJ. You know you can call me anytime... as long as it doesn't require too much from me. :p

It's his battery. I jumped him at 9:30 and his car was on and fine until me meet us out about an hour later. He shut it off for 5 mintues and it didn't even try to crank over. Jumped it and it was fine for another 20 mintue drive, then sitting for a while running with him hoping it would take some kind of charge. I left and I can only assume from him saying Eric and Jen helped him that it wouldn't start again at that point and they jumped him. Then it probably drove to his house fine.

Some people in this thread need to get a life.

Guest Removed

mike, anthony, seriously. you guys are killing me. its a battery. on a used car. not exactly what i would hang the entire "are gm's reliable" argument on, one way or the other.

only if its a oe delco battery! :p

i changed 3 saturday alone! 1 being only two years old! :rolleyes:

Practically all of you jump on other cars or brands and nit pick on every little thing that goes wrong or can go wrong. Every car has its own good things and bad things. No one makes a perfect car or we would all own one. Everyone has there own feelings about different brands.

A battery is a maintenance item. They go bad. Everyones battery goes dead at sometime and needs replacing. This is nothing to bash a full car brand about.

Guest Removed
Practically all of you jump on other cars or brands and nit pick on every little thing that goes wrong or can go wrong. Every car has its own good things and bad things. No one makes a perfect car or we would all own one. Everyone has there own feelings about different brands.

A battery is a maintenance item. They go bad. Everyones battery goes dead at sometime and needs replacing. This is nothing to bash a full car brand about.

I'll bash Gm for there newer models all i want! I made damn good money fixxing recalls and whatnot all day long for them!

And i understand a battery is maintenance item, but they put all there used cars thought 101 point inspection? So why do they pass on repairing the items in that inspection, that dont pass? I got wrote up several times , for failing tires that had 3/32 to 5/32 tread left on them...or writing up all the other maintenance items on the car for being OE at 90k plus mileage?

And i understand a battery is maintenance item, but they put all there used cars thought 101 point inspection? So why do they pass on repairing the items in that inspection, that dont pass? I got wrote up several times , for failing tires that had 3/32 to 5/32 tread left on them...or writing up all the other maintenance items on the car for being OE at 90k plus mileage?

well... If I am understanding this statement right, all of this sounds like dealership issues and has nothing directly to do with the quality of GM

took the car into the shop this morning.

brand new battery, free of charge.

new floor mats and floor mat hooks, free of charge.

a new passenger side a-pillar valence, free of charge.

a new console molding, free of charge.

alignment and wheel balancing, free of charge.

rental car, free of charge.

gas for rental car, free of charge.

excellent customer service, free of charge.

a car that ensconces its passengers in comfort, while still being able to dominate a good percentage of the cars on the road, priceless.

Guest Removed
well... If I am understanding this statement right, all of this sounds like dealership issues and has nothing directly to do with the quality of GM

ac delco, dealers and delphi! all of which GM owns and controls!

took the car into the shop this morning.

brand new battery, free of charge.

new floor mats and floor mat hooks, free of charge.

a new passenger side a-pillar valence, free of charge.

a new console molding, free of charge.

alignment and wheel balancing, free of charge.

rental car, free of charge.

gas for rental car, free of charge.

excellent customer service, free of charge.

a car that ensconces its passengers in comfort, while still being able to dominate a good percentage of the cars on the road, priceless.

I

<3

DJ