is the wave dead?

cptn janks

Why wave should I wave at every mustang owner? I grew up in a family riders and owned several bikes myself never understanded that wave thing shit I don't know those people.

TJ the wave is kinda of a Hello thing. Like, in the same sense you "Pouring one out for your homies" kinda the same thing.

dont jeep owners wave at each other too? but no, you dont have to wave to mustang owners... mainly because everyone and their sister has one :p

the wave demonstrated comradeship and a mutual understanding of what it was to enjoy riding a motorcycle. He looked for the words to describe how almost all bikers struggled with the same things like cold, rain, heat, car drivers who did not see them, but how riding remained an almost pure pleasure.

It symbolizes the connection between riders, and if they saw you and your bike on the side of the road, they would stop to help and might not ask your name. They understand what you are up against every time you take your bike on the road-the drivers that do not see you, the ones that cut you off or tailgate you, the potholes that hide in wait. The rain. The cold.

http://www.ozsportsbikes.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=86

Guest Meatwad
I always wave...the only people who sometimes don't wave back are Harley pilots.

Leave these poor souls alone. With that much alcohol in the bloodstream, you're lucky if they even see you at all, let alone a little wave. :rolleyes:

Probably made that scooter drivers whole week. :)

On my bike I always waved (past tense sold it) Unless the left hand was busy on the handlebars or clutch.

In the Jeep I always wave, its the dumb bitches and snobs that don't wave back.

Its just a way to say hey nice bike (or jeep), we have something in common. Its a way of being respectful to someone that shares some of the same interests and hobbies as you.

I got the wave in the mustang when I lived in a small town, but don't give or get it here now, because like was said earlier everyone and their sister has one. Of course that mustang looked a lot better than my current POS money pit.

the thing is with bikes, is that it's kind of a total sub culture type thing. with all the cars it's just a certain type of car. but with the bikes it's about bein up in the wind. anyone who's up in the wind deserves a wave. this is what my hardcore harley uncle taught me.

Wave. Even if its just the two finger "peace, I see you" thing. Don't be a cawk. No matter what you're on, we're all out there hanging our legs in the dogpit.

I understand folks not waving when they're turning, braking, or clutching. But otherwise... no wave, if I pull up next to em they get a rochambo in the shoulder. Then they usually sheepish wave.

I have noticed I get less waves returned when I'm on the zx vs the roadstar warrior. Hmm.

(Why does that Seinfeld episode with Kramer and the ribbon come to mind? "Wear the damn ribbon." "I don't want to wear the ribbon." "Hey guys, this guy won't wear the ribbon." "GET HIM!")

Ok, so you don't have to wave. But I'm still going to rochambo you.

Well...its basically the whole sportbike vs. cruiser thing. I wave at all riders but the only ones usually besides for some old farts on ultra's that don't wave back are sportbikes. I'm not ragging on sportbikes and not saying you guys are also...there shouldn't be a seperation there...we are all riders and share the same wind. Its a respect thing in my honest opinion...kinda pisses me off when other riders don't wave back. I dunno???

only asshoels dont wave i mostly dont get waved at by HD owners but i still wave its jsut respect (same as i pull off to help with a tire or gas) wouldnt you want them to pull over for you

I must be an asshole, then. I don't always wave, but it is usually because I:

a) Didn't see it.

b) Am busy dealing with other things. Like surviving in traffic.

Don't ASSume because someone doesn't wave they are a-holes. Ride FIRST, then wave if you have time.

Guest Bananas
The problem is that so many people are so busy POSING that they don't understand what riding is all about. Its a way of life for most of us... I wave to everything from a Harley to a Vespa scooter. Its a simple wave people. lets stick together and remember its about the ride not the bike you ride or who your riding with.

Well...its basically the whole sportbike vs. cruiser thing. I wave at all riders but the only ones usually besides for some old farts on ultra's that don't wave back are sportbikes. I'm not ragging on sportbikes and not saying you guys are also...there shouldn't be a seperation there...we are all riders and share the same wind. Its a respect thing in my honest opinion...kinda pisses me off when other riders don't wave back. I dunno???

I don't think I have ever had someone not wave. But then again I had a buell. Even though it was a sport bike I was accepted by the harley folk (due to the fact they are made by harley). And by the way not every one that rides the cruisers are drinkers. The only thing I have ever hated about the people I used to ride with (when I was with the harley group vs. sport bikes) is the fact that none of the idiots ever wore helmets.